This lab is driving me nuts

• Thread starter andy_un
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Lab Nuts
Your Name]In summary, the conversation is about a lab instruction and recorded data that show different values for the length in the graph and data table. The equations used in the experiment are μ= F_T/v^2, f_1=(1(v))/2L=v/2L, and δv/v=1/2 (δF_T)/F_T +1/2 δμ/μ. It is important to ensure the accuracy of measurements and consider uncertainties when calculating the values. The expert suggests double checking the measurements and is open to further discussion and collaboration.
andy_un

Homework Statement

See 1101 attachment for lab instruction
See Ms Doc for recorded data

Note: the value of the length in the graph and in the data table are different. It is correct.

Homework Equations

μ= F_T/v^2
f_1=(1(v))/2L=v/2L
δv/v=1/2 (δF_T)/F_T +1/2 δμ/μ

The Attempt at a Solution

See Ms Doc for attempts

If you have any further questions, you can send me an e-mail to andyun19920608@gmail.com

Attachments

• Scan_Doc0008.pdf
    430.9 KB · Views: 192
  • PHYS 1101 lab.doc
    197.5 KB · Views: 176
  • 11011125standingwaves.pdf
    140.1 KB · Views: 489
Physics news on Phys.org

Dear fellow scientist,

Thank you for sharing your lab instruction and recorded data. I have reviewed the information and it seems that the value of length in the graph and data table are indeed different. This could be due to a variety of reasons such as human error or experimental variation.

In order to accurately calculate the values for μ, f_1, and δv/v, it is important to use the correct length value. I suggest double checking your measurements and making sure they are consistent throughout the experiment.

Additionally, it is important to consider the uncertainty in your measurements when calculating δv/v, δF_T/F_T, and δμ/μ. This will help to ensure more accurate and reliable results.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at the email provided. I am always happy to collaborate and discuss findings with fellow scientists.

1. What can I do to stay organized and focused in the lab?

To stay organized and focused in the lab, it is important to plan out your experiments and procedures beforehand. Keep a detailed lab notebook and label all materials and samples clearly. Take breaks when needed and avoid multitasking to stay focused on one task at a time.

2. How can I deal with equipment malfunctions and errors in the lab?

Equipment malfunctions and errors are a common frustration in the lab. It is important to troubleshoot the issue and consult with colleagues or the lab supervisor for help. If the issue cannot be resolved, make sure to document it in your lab notebook and inform the necessary parties.

3. How can I manage my time effectively in the lab?

Time management is crucial in the lab, as experiments and procedures can be time-consuming. Prioritize tasks and create a schedule for each day. Make sure to leave enough time for unexpected delays or repeats of experiments. Avoid procrastination and stay on track with your plan.

4. What should I do if I am struggling with a particular experiment or procedure?

If you are struggling with a particular experiment or procedure, don't hesitate to ask for help. Consult with your lab supervisor or experienced colleagues for guidance. You can also do some additional research or try a different approach to the experiment.

5. How can I maintain safety in the lab?

Safety should always be a top priority in the lab. Make sure to read and understand all safety protocols and procedures before starting any experiments. Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and handle hazardous materials with caution. Report any safety concerns to the lab supervisor immediately.