What does the + mean behind a username?

• Thread starter I like Serena
  • Start date
In summary, the + symbol next to a user's username on the Recent Visitors section of your profile indicates that they are one of your designated "friends" or contacts. If you remove them as a friend, the + may change to a - symbol.
I like Serena
Homework Helper
MHB
When I look for instance at the Recent Visitors of my profile, some of them have a + behind their username and others don't.

What does that mean?

I've been puzzling on it for a while and I still can't figure it out.

Physics news on Phys.org
I believe it indicates that the user in question is one of your designated "friends".

Hmm, just checked.
Right now I have a visitor with a + who is not a "friend"...

EDIT: Oh wait, the visitor is on my list of "contacts"!
That must be it!
Thanks! :)

Hootenanny said:
I believe it indicates that the user in question is one of your designated "friends".
Hoot,

If you break friendship with them, does the + become a minus - ?!@@ :wink:

Rhody...

1. What does the + mean behind a username?

The + behind a username typically indicates that the user has a premium or upgraded account on the platform. This may grant them access to additional features or privileges not available to regular users.

2. Why do some usernames have a + symbol and others do not?

The + symbol is usually added to a username when the user has opted for a paid subscription or has achieved a certain level of status on the platform. Not all usernames will have a + symbol, as it is only added to those with premium accounts or special privileges.

3. Can I add a + symbol to my username?

In most cases, the platform or website will automatically add the + symbol to a username when the user upgrades their account or reaches a certain status. Users typically cannot manually add the + symbol to their username.

4. Is the + symbol behind a username permanent?

The + symbol behind a username is not necessarily permanent. If a user's premium subscription expires or their status changes, the + symbol may be removed from their username. However, some platforms may allow users to keep the + symbol as part of their username even after their subscription or status changes.

5. Do all platforms use the + symbol in usernames to indicate premium accounts or status?

No, not all platforms use the + symbol in usernames for this purpose. Some platforms may use different symbols or methods to distinguish between regular and premium accounts or to indicate user status. It is important to check the platform's guidelines or terms of use to understand what the + symbol means in a specific context.