Greg, can we have an End of the World chat?

• Suggestion
  • Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary, Camping is trying to add a disclaimer to his predictions and is asking for a chat to avoid a "boring" event.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Greg, can we have an "End of the World" chat?

Hey Greg, since the end of the world is scheduled for tomorrow, several members have requestd a special chat friday evening, Oct 21st.

Of course if the world does end, this request won't matter.

Is it ok? Please?

Physics news on Phys.org

Nobody ever tells me anything... :tongue2:

Evo said:
Hey Greg, since the end of the world is scheduled for tomorrow, several members have requestd a special chat friday evening, Oct 21st.

Of course if the world does end, this request won't matter.

Is it ok? Please?
I believe that's OK. I believe Greg has left that decision to you.

There are more scheduled for next year if folks miss this one.

Please Greg? :shy:

The world ends every now and then. It's such a boring event. A chat would sure make the day a little interesting. :D

My students already think the world is coming to an end tomorrow anyway, because of the test I'm giving. :tongue:

Why is it ending this time?

What time do you guys want to start?

Anytime is fine with me Evo. I have outdoor chores to do, but I can take time for End-of-the-World chat.

Yeah, we have to make sure our yards are neat and ready for The End. :biggrin:

jtbell said:
Yeah, we have to make sure our yards are neat and ready for The End. :biggrin:
I'm trying to put my vegetable garden to bed for the winter. I don't want to go to my "reward" with a messy-looking garden.

I'm counting on Evo to save the World from HC and others.

Maybe make it a "Not-an-End-to-the-World" chat instead.

Last edited:

1. What is an "End of the World" chat?

An "End of the World" chat is a discussion about the hypothetical or predicted end of the world. It can include topics such as natural disasters, human-caused catastrophes, or apocalyptic scenarios.

2. Why is it important to have an "End of the World" chat?

Having an "End of the World" chat can help individuals and communities prepare for potential disasters and think about ways to mitigate or prevent them. It can also provide a space for people to share their concerns and fears about the end of the world.

3. Is there a specific time frame for the end of the world?

No, there is no specific time frame for the end of the world. Many theories and predictions have been made throughout history, but none have been proven to be accurate. It is important to focus on preparing for potential disasters rather than trying to predict when the end of the world will occur.

4. What are some potential threats to the end of the world?

Some potential threats to the end of the world include natural disasters such as earthquakes, hurricanes, and volcanic eruptions, as well as human-caused disasters like nuclear war, climate change, and pandemics. It is important to be prepared for these potential threats and take steps to prevent them from occurring.

5. How can I prepare for the end of the world?

There are many ways to prepare for the end of the world, including creating a disaster preparedness plan, stockpiling necessary supplies, and staying informed about potential threats. It is also important to prioritize building strong and resilient communities to help cope with disasters and their aftermath.