Solved Prefix for Homework Help Forums

• Suggestion
  • Thread starter brushman
  • Start date
In summary, a "Solved Prefix" is a label or tag used in homework help forums to indicate that a question has been answered or solved. It can be added by editing the post title or selecting a "Solved" option, and is important for helping other users and forum moderators keep track of which questions still need assistance. While it can usually be removed if added in error, it is considered good etiquette to leave it on for future reference. Some forums may use alternative methods, but using a "Solved Prefix" is a common and effective way to label solved questions.
brushman
I think a "Solved" option should be implemented in the homework help forums. This will reduce the time homework helpers spend reading through already solved threads.

Note, I intentionally excluded an "unsolved" option, because many people would forget to update their thread after it became solved.

Physics news on Phys.org
brushman said:
I think a "Solved" option should be implemented in the homework help forums. This will reduce the time homework helpers spend reading through already solved threads.

Note, I intentionally excluded an "unsolved" option, because many people would forget to update their thread after it became solved.

Your idea is a good one, however at the moment it wouldn't be effective because we don't allow users to edit their posts after a certain amount of time has passed.

1. What is a "Solved Prefix" for homework help forums?

A "Solved Prefix" is a label or tag that is added to a thread or post in a homework help forum to indicate that the question has been answered or solved. This helps other users quickly identify which questions still need assistance.

2. How do I add a "Solved Prefix" to my question on a homework help forum?

The process for adding a "Solved Prefix" may vary depending on the specific forum platform you are using. However, it is typically done by editing the title of your post or thread and adding the word "Solved" at the beginning, or by selecting a "Solved" option from a dropdown menu or button.

3. Why is it important to use a "Solved Prefix" on homework help forums?

Using a "Solved Prefix" on homework help forums is important because it helps other users quickly identify which questions still need assistance. It also allows the forum moderators to keep track of which questions have been answered and which ones still need attention.

4. Can I remove the "Solved Prefix" from my question on a homework help forum?

In most cases, you can remove the "Solved Prefix" from your question on a homework help forum if you believe it was added in error. However, it is considered good forum etiquette to leave the "Solved Prefix" on your question to help others who may have a similar problem in the future.

5. Are there any alternatives to using a "Solved Prefix" on homework help forums?

Yes, some homework help forums may use different methods to indicate that a question has been solved, such as using a checkmark or a different color for the thread title. However, using a "Solved Prefix" is a common and effective way to label solved questions on most forum platforms.