What is the hidden message in this coded sentence?

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary, the code in the bible is actually a question that has an answer of 52 or 26 pair. The code has 3 times more letters than words and there are fewer words before the code starts than there are words in the code. The code works in different versions of the bible.
tribdog
I was flipping through the channels and came across a scientific looking show. It quickly became unscientific however, but I had to watch. It was about something called the "Bible Code" These scientists have discovered that if you take the bible, remove all spaces then take every 65 letter, or every 5th letter or every x letters then coded messages from God are spelled out. Every important event, past present and future, is supposed to be written in this code. For example one coded message was "Assassin will assassinate"
I think I might be a god, so I decided to write something and see if there is a message hidden within. Here's what I came up with, can you discover the message within? The message can start anywhere and any number of letters can be skipped between each part of the code, but the same number of letters are skipped between each. Spaces and punctuation are not counted.

"Hell looks to be better, the more warm heaven is. You see, one can kiss badly or kiss ok. I warn the same for both. Legs that be open weigh hot on your soul."

Clues:
1. (helps just a little bit) The coded message is actually a question who's answer is 52 or 26 pair.

2 (helps quite a bit more if you think) The coded message has 3 times more letters than words and there are fewer words before the code starts than there are words in the code
3. (really gives away the formula) following the same formula both before the message and after the message you will find one letter three times in a row. a triplet before and a triplet after.

Physics news on Phys.org
One pattern found:

How many socks do I own?"
Gap is 3 and starts with the h in the first 'the'

I saw that same program. Except the difference between your code and the one in the bible is that the bible makes sense within a context. The odds are so much greater that certain things will appear. It makes me think that there is more to it.
-Scott

scott_alexsk said:
I saw that same program. Except the difference between your code and the one in the bible is that the bible makes sense within a context. The odds are so much greater that certain things will appear. It makes me think that there is more to it.
-Scott

hardly. You take any work of a length like that and I guarantee you will find the same sorts of things. If you start running Gibbon's The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, 3 volume tome through the same analysis you'll find the same sorts of things.

I see you saw 'that' part of the program to. Its hard to convince people because it occurs also in other books. I never saw though a comparasion of the ratio of appeared codes to the relative number of pages. I would think if all of these patterns follow a proablity then there would be a somewhat average number of seen total patterns to the number of pages in the given book. That would be the determining factor and you cannot say that since other books have patterns to, that disproves the code. You have to prove that there is the same concentration of codes throughout the bibles pages as any other book's ratio.
-Scott

the most amaizing code in the bible was one I found accidently I started on the first page and the first letter, then I took the next letter after that and continued like that. It read like the bible. I was amazed. the bible is actually encoded within the bible.
Question: in the bible code they switch to Jewish letters right? how many letters are in the Jewish alphabet? I believe it is fewer than 26, so the odds of finding certain combinations has to increase greatly

Which version of the Bible does this work in? So many different translations. So many different languages to translate into!

Latin vulgate versions
Old English translations
New International version
King James version (and which one, the 1600s version? the 1900s version?)
New American version
Original text (ancient hebrew, aramaic, greek, etc. depending on which book of the bible it is)
Chinese translations
Bishops' Bible
New Living Translation
Martin Luther's translation
etc
etc

And some Bibles include some books but not others. This clearly would upset the pattern. Which particular selection is the right one for this to work?

These scientists most likely go back to the orginal scripts that the catholic church used to create 'thier' bible. There were not so many versions then, or atleast that is what I think. (Oh and Tribdog I still do not get what your title refers to.)
-Scott

Last edited:
I wear socks because I have cold tile floors in my kitchen, obviously

edit: I added the obviously

Damn, I was reading about this just a few days ago, maybe even somewhere else on this site, I'll try to find it. Its been shown that you can make exactly the same predictions using Moby Dick.

Moby Dick doesn't wear socks

Maybe my other post was not clear. Just becaue patterns appear in other books does not mean the bible code is disproved. The people that want to disprove it have to demonstrate that the occurance of patterns follows an average ratio for the number of pages. If all of these codes only occur out of proablity then the distribution of codes over pages will follow some kind of ratio. Just because codes appear does not mean the bible code is false. They have to prove that the distrubution is the same according to the higher number of pages. (Oh Tribdog are you implying that you are God or are you just comparing yourself?)
-Scott

Last edited:
Hooloovoo said:
Which version of the Bible does this work in? So many different translations. So many different languages to translate into!
Latin vulgate versions
Old English translations
New International version
King James version (and which one, the 1600s version? the 1900s version?)
New American version
Original text (ancient hebrew, aramaic, greek, etc. depending on which book of the bible it is)
Chinese translations
Bishops' Bible
New Living Translation
Martin Luther's translation
etc
etc
And some Bibles include some books but not others. This clearly would upset the pattern. Which particular selection is the right one for this to work?
I'm not claiming in anyway that the bible code is real but I can clarify the claims that are made.
The version of the bible used is the Hebrew one. If I remember correctly this version of Hebrew doesn't use vowels they are added as required making the formation of words easier.
Because it's in Hebrew it makes it harder to check the authenticity.
The letters are arranged in a grid pattern like a giant word search.
I have seen various similar patterns found in other books such as Moby Dick for example.
However there is a difference in the claims made by the bible code beleivers.
They claim that if you arrange the text in a grid you can find the relevant words near each other and on occasions crossing each other, just like in a wordsearch grid.
But they also claim that this area of the text when uncoded also contains details relevant to the words found.
For example they claim you can find words such as "twin" "tower" "collapse" in the coded arrangement and the same portion of the uncoded bible will say something like "devastation will come to a major city..."
I've not seen similar examples given for other books.
The links are a bit presumptuous and vague and remind me of Nostradamus' supposed prophecies and also the vagueness of fortune tellers and astrologers.

scott_alexsk said:
Maybe my other post was not clear. Just becaue patterns appear in other books does not mean the bible code is disproved. The people that want to disprove it have to demonstrate that the occurance of patterns follows an average ratio for the number of pages. If all of these codes only occur out of proablity then the distribution of codes over pages will follow some kind of ratio.
Not really. The onus is on the claimant to prove the claim. Bible Code advocates have yet to even make a prediction! All the so-called predictions have only been found after the events they are supposed to have predicted.

russ_watters said:
Bible Code advocates have yet to even make a prediction! All the so-called predictions have only been found after the events they are supposed to have predicted.
I happen to think that the Bible Code is a crock. However according to the author of the book, he did make a prediction. Here is a website that speaks of it, but many other sites have the same story. I do not know if the story is true.
http://www.astramate.com/bible_code.htm
On September 1, 1994, Michael Drosnin flew to Israel to meet the poet Chaim Guri, a close friend of Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin, and gave him a letter to give to the Prime Minister. His letter stated:
"An Israeli mathematician has discovered a hidden code in the Bible that appears to reveal the details of events that took place thousands of years after the Bible was written."
Apparently, he also contacted Yassir Arafat concerning a similar prediction of his assassination (he always seemed a heartbeat away from assassination anyway in my opinion). But Mr. Arafat was not assassinated, and probably never will be.
"The reason I'm telling you about this is that the only time your full name - Yitzhak Rabin - is encoded in the Bible, the words 'assassin that will assassinate' cross your name."
On November 4, 1995, came the awful confirmation that Rabin suffered a shot in the back from a man who believed he was on a mission from God. His murder was encoded in the Bible three thousand years ago!

By the way, he apparently also sent a similar letter to Yassir Arafat concerning his assassination (in my opinion he always seemed a heartbeat away from assassination anyway, so such a prediction wouldn't be worth much). However, Mr. Arafat was not assassinated and now probably never will be.

Last edited:
scott_alexsk said:
(Oh Tribdog are you implying that you are God or are you just comparing yourself?)
-Scott
Oh, I don't think I'm God. not THE God. Maybe a god. or an imp. I might be an imp. I'm pretty sure I'm not an angel. I wouldn't be suprised if someone like Hermes turned out to be my dad, or maybe Neptune. or Bacchus or Ra.

Last edited:
Cybersteve said:
Because it's in Hebrew it makes it harder to check the authenticity.
Why? Hebrew is the national language of Israel. about 6 million people speak it.

Hi daniel,
In part I meant it was difficult for the vast majority of people to understand it. Also it is said to be an archaic version of Hebrew where the words can have subtle differences to modern meanings. There are after all numerous debates about the translation of the bible into English and the changes that have taken place in the process.
In the Bible Code book, which I have but haven't read, some words are said to have been found - such as airplane- which clearly can't have been in the original Bible text.
Without having a knowledge of past and present Hebrew it means the reader has to make a leap of faith if he is to believe in the Bible Code.

Cybersteve said:
Hi daniel,
In part I meant it was difficult for the vast majority of people to understand it.
That is pretty much like saying that we shouldn't believe a translation from French to English cause most of the world doesn't speak French.

Cybersteve said:
Also it is said to be an archaic version of Hebrew where the words can have subtle differences to modern meanings. There are after all numerous debates about the translation of the bible into English and the changes that have taken place in the process.
Thats pretty much what happens when you try to exactly translate between any two languages.

Cybersteve said:
In the Bible Code book, which I have but haven't read, some words are said to have been found - such as airplane- which clearly can't have been in the original Bible text.Without having a knowledge of past and present Hebrew it means the reader has to make a leap of faith if he is to believe in the Bible Code.
First of all modern Hebrew is based on bible Hebrew and is almost identical to it. Also, all Hebrew words are based on root words. So the word for plane has the same root as the word "fly" and other words in the bible.

I'm not saying that I believe everything in the Bible Code but the use of Hebrew is a poor argument against it.

daniel_i_l said:
I'm not saying that I believe everything in the Bible Code but the use of Hebrew is a poor argument against it.
I don't know a whole lot about Hebrew but I do know that the Bible is written without vowels. So this makes me think that one word from the bible can be made to mean one of many different words, making it easier to produce "meaningful" messages.

Modern Hebrew is also written without vowels. Most Semitic languages don't need them the way English does. For instance, if you were given an English book with the vowels removed it would be almost impossible to read. In Hebrew almost everything (newspapers, books...) are written without vowels without there being the slightest confusion.

well how is every one
may be I enterd with the wrong way
but about the message of bible I know that there is in "holy qura'an" there are about 17 arabian letter its a secret of qura'an which no one until now could to analyse these 17 letter in a form

its still a secret until now

qura'an is a holly book in Islam

I know some of these letters:-
alf , lam , meem , kaff , ha'a , ya'a , ain , sadd , noon , qaff , ra'a...etc

some of religion men say if you can make all the names of prophets with these words

well I hope I did not pour you all

my regards
heaven eye

daniel_i_l

All I'm saying is that without a knowledge of Hebrew and biblical Hebrew (almost identical means different unless you can list the differences), it is impossible for an English speaker to judge the Bible Code unless he or she can trust the translations.

For the base text, they used a version of the Hebrew Bible printed by the Koren publishing house. This is written in ancient Hebrew. It is not difficult to find people who can read it. I do not know what language the messages are in. If they are also in ancient Hebrew, that would not pose a problem since many people can read it. If they are in modern Hebrew, there are many more people who can read it. If it is in a mixture of whatever happens to suit the needs of the researcher, then anything at all will do including modern English transliterated into Hebrew letters.

I'll bet dollars to donuts you can find "To be or not to be" encoded in there and put to rest any question of who really wrote the works that were written by Shakespeare.

Last edited:
what is Hebrew ?

can someone answer

daniel_i_l said:
Hebrew is the national language of Israel.
Hebrew is one of the national languages of Israel. Arabic is the other.

I was watching a DVD of John Saffran vs God (which no-one outside of Australia, or possibly even Melbourne, will have heard of), and he did a bit on the Bible Code. He had a Melbourne mathematician who was running the same computer program that the guy does in the Bible code to find the predictions and they came up with some very surprising results.
Did you know: After putting all of Vanilla Ice's lyrics into the program, they found that he had also predicted the september 11 attacks, he even gave the date - nine eleven.
Even more surprising: The US senate report into 9/11 post predicted Vanilla Ice's downfall after his one smash hit 'ice ice baby'.

Sorry to break up the party folks, but it looks like this discussion has strayed quite a bit from the brainteaser it began with.

1. What evidence is there for God having tile floors?

The concept of God having tile floors is purely speculative and not based on any scientific evidence. It is a matter of personal belief and interpretation.

2. How could God have tile floors if he is not a physical being?

As a scientist, I cannot provide a definitive answer to this question as the existence and nature of God is a philosophical and theological concept. However, some may argue that the idea of God having tile floors is symbolic and represents the idea of a divine being having a solid and unchanging foundation.

3. Are there any religious texts or teachings that mention God having tile floors?

There are no specific mentions of God having tile floors in any major religious texts or teachings. Some may interpret certain passages or symbols as references to this idea, but it is not a widely accepted belief.

4. Could the belief in God having tile floors be connected to a specific religion or culture?

The belief in God having tile floors is not associated with any particular religion or culture. It is a personal belief and may vary among individuals of different faiths or backgrounds.

5. Is there a scientific explanation for the concept of God having tile floors?

No, as a scientist, I cannot provide a scientific explanation for this belief as it falls outside the realm of scientific inquiry. The idea of God having tile floors is a matter of faith and personal interpretation.