Register to reply

Whats left in physics to discover

by MightyKaykoher
Tags: discover, physics
Share this thread:
MightyKaykoher
Dec29-13, 01:44 PM
P: 31
" them emotions " do you reread what you type before you send?
Crazymechanic
Dec29-13, 01:49 PM
P: 853
cmoon chill down :D:D:D Naty1 is not a kid looking at his info page at his profile says some things , but you didn't bother to look those up did you? , he was just making a joke , yet you didn't understand it and are now insulting him , whose the " intellectual" here ?
Naty1
Dec29-13, 01:57 PM
P: 5,632
You could at least spell right!!
A sense of humor will benefit you greatly.
The literary formality: 'irony'
MightyKaykoher
Dec29-13, 02:04 PM
Whose the "intellectual here"????? Errr thats not how you use that word.
MightyKaykoher
Dec29-13, 02:05 PM
If you are looking to make jokes, go to the jokes forums.
Naty1
Dec29-13, 02:11 PM
P: 5,632
Brainlike computers, learning from their own mistakes:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/29/sc...ence.html?_r=0

The new computing approach, already in use by some large technology companies, is based on the biological nervous system, specifically on how neurons react to stimuli and connect with other neurons to interpret information. It allows computers to absorb new information while carrying out a task, and adjust what they do based on the changing signals.
MightyKaykoher
Dec29-13, 02:27 PM
Let's stay on topic guys!!!!
MightyKaykoher
Dec29-13, 02:37 PM
Ps. The topic wasn't about the advancement in physics, it was about whats left to discover
MightyKaykoher
Dec29-13, 02:39 PM
The_Engineer answered my question
pongo38
Dec29-13, 04:00 PM
P: 696
The original question referred to 'physics', but that is an artificial distinction about fields of understanding. The 'field' of physics has fuzzy edges, and, to understand emotions, for example, the fuzzy edges of physics need to mingle with the fuzzy edges of life sciences and psychology. This is not a strange idea to geographers who regularly have to harness multiple fields of knowledge (I mean understanding) in order to make advances into new areas.
Claude Bile
Dec31-13, 07:58 AM
Sci Advisor
P: 1,474
The big cookie in physics is resolving the apparent contradictions implicit in the theories of General Relativity and Quantum Physics.

Claude.
mfb
Dec31-13, 01:51 PM
Mentor
P: 11,589
List of unsolved problems in physics

With more knowledge, this list is not getting shorter, it is getting longer as more and more questions are coming up.
my2cts
Jan4-14, 03:00 PM
P: 77
We don't understand the Pauli Exclusion Principle at all.

We do not understand metals from first principle. The simple nearly free electron approach works ok, but refinements on it fail. We are unable to calculate band gaps from first principle.
my2cts
Jan4-14, 03:01 PM
Quote Quote by Claude Bile View Post
The big cookie in physics is resolving the apparent contradictions implicit in the theories of General Relativity and Quantum Physics.

Claude.
_Apparent_ contradictions?
Are you stating that the problem is merely a paradox?
my2cts
Jan4-14, 03:43 PM
Quote Quote by mfb View Post
List of unsolved problems in physics

With more knowledge, this list is not getting shorter, it is getting longer as more and more questions are coming up.
Just added a few items ...

Register to reply