Exploring the Mean Value Theorem: Functions, Derivatives, and Intervals

• Thread starter moham_87
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thanks
In summary: What is g(x)? What is the difference between f(x) and g(x)?In summary, the conversation discusses various questions related to the mean value theorem, including proving inequalities and determining the difference between two functions. The use of the mean value theorem is suggested as a starting point for solving these problems.
moham_87
again, I've another question i wish it is the last.
it is about "Mean Value Theorem",

* if u and v are any real numbers, then, prove that:
|sin(u)-sin(v)|<=|u-v|

* Prove that [(1+h)^(1/2)] < [1+(h/2)], for h>0

* Suppose that f'(x)=g'(x)+x for every (x) in some interval (I), how different can the function (f) and (g) be

I don't know from where to start and i would like you to know that I'm in exams' days, and that's not assignment

thank you a lot for your efforts

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by moham_87
again, I've another question i wish it is the last.
it is about "Mean Value Theorem",

* if u and v are any real numbers, then, prove that:
|sin(u)-sin(v)|<=|u-v|

* Prove that [(1+h)^(1/2)] < [1+(h/2)], for h>0

* Suppose that f'(x)=g'(x)+x for every (x) in some interval (I), how different can the function (f) and (g) be

I don't know from where to start and i would like you to know that I'm in exams' days, and that's not assignment

thank you a lot for your efforts

loll... how old are you kid?

Prudens Optimus, why "lol"? These seem like reasonable questions to me.

moham_87, since you say that these are about the "mean value theorem", how about using that?

Mean Value Theorem: "If f is continuous on [a,b] and differentiable on (a,b) then there exist c in [a,b] such that
f'(c)= (f(b)- f(a))/(b-a)."

In the first problem, f(x)= sin(x). What is f'(x)? What is the largest possible value of f'(x)?

In the second problem, f(x)= (1+h2)1/2. What is f'(x)? What is the largest possible value of f'(x)?

In the third problem, if f'(x)=g'(x)+x , what is f(x)?

What does "Really a great thanks" mean?

"Really a great thanks" is an expression used to convey a sincere and heartfelt appreciation for someone or something.

Who usually says "Really a great thanks"?

Anyone can say "Really a great thanks" when they want to express their gratitude. It is commonly used in everyday conversations, as well as in formal settings.

Why is it important to say "Really a great thanks"?

Saying "Really a great thanks" is important because it shows appreciation and gratitude towards someone or something. It can also make the other person feel valued and recognized.

Can "Really a great thanks" be used in a professional setting?

Yes, "Really a great thanks" can be used in a professional setting. It is a polite and professional way to express gratitude towards colleagues, clients, or superiors.

Are there any alternative phrases to "Really a great thanks"?

Yes, there are many alternative phrases that convey the same meaning as "Really a great thanks." Some examples include "Thank you so much," "I really appreciate it," and "Many thanks."