What is the Best Way to Approach Personal Questions in a Scientific Setting?

• Thread starter blackcat
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a man who is 23 and is not happy with his relationships. He is considering going on Dr Phil to get help.
blackcat
i would consider all of you quite intelligent. so i need to ask a question on some... personal matters. please can someone who is MALE below 23 years old who isn't afraid of being asked a personal question please reply to this thread. or please pm me.

Physics news on Phys.org
I am not afraid of being ASKED a personal question, but depending on the question I may, or may not, answer it. I am a 21 year old male.

Last edited:
Same here, 21 years old

thanks, i'll pm both of you.

Im not feeling man enough to answer right now, that time of the month.

cyrusabdollahi said:
Im not feeling man enough to answer right now, that time of the month.

LOLI just hope I will not be asked when was the last time I took a shower, I think it was last month or something :wink:

It sucks to be male and 23.

I am male and 20, and will answer if you like.

sure I'll answer... unless it's TOOO weird, but my weird threshold is pretty high.

Nothing weird, well for me it wasn't that weird...

sure i'll try to help if you didn't get an answer yet

I'm rather intrigued by this...

I'm a male and I think of myself as still being 23...

I was already asked and already answered, blackcat is offline now

I'm 17. Shoot me a pm.

Dang it, where did that Mentor's "View Private Messages" button go? :devil:

Oh yeah, there isn't one. Rats. :blushing: o:)

berkeman said:

Haha.. I'm glad its not just me who's curious..:rolleyes:

I was curious before I received the Pm, I suspected something and it was correct..
Yeah that's true, it's exactly what you are thinking of..

berkeman said:

Darn! We'll have to talk to Greg about that. :grumpy:

Geez, I'm female and over 25...two strikes there. I feel so left out. :frown:

So, anyway, if it's about anatomical, medical or relationshipical type stuff, don't assume some of us "old" folks don't know enough to help.

if it's about relationships here's my advise:

never ask a man; the only thing worse than a man's advice on relationships, is a woman's.

moe darklight said:
the only thing worse than a man's advice on relationships, is a woman's.

Heh!:rolleyes:

Weird number to pick... Why 23? AHH ITS 23 AGAIN :rofl:

pm me if you want... I am intrigued, I may not answer though.

moe darklight said:
never ask a man; the only thing worse than a man's advice on relationships, is a woman's.

So whos should one ask; the cat...?

dontdisturbmycircles said:
OMG ITS 23 AGAIN :rofl:
:rofl:

Since the OP has still not addressed his question, maybe I can post mine ? :uhh:
So, please someone who is a legual alien citizen in a foreign country, who is between 23 and 56 years old, male, or female, or not applicable, who likes fish but rather has fruits for dessert, with some ability in manipulating weepouns of mass instruction, espacially in science disciplines, owns a cat but not as a pet, has a very bad sens of humour but can not help to share his jokes, often makes long setences, has an orange cover on his leather couch, please, please answer this thread. Ah, by the way, if you never watch TV that's even better, but not mandatory. :shy:

Throwing a bottle in the ocean...

blackcat said:
i would consider all of you quite intelligent.

Boy, did we ever fool him! (Assuming it's a him.) We must be pretty clever to have pulled that off! Hey...waitaminute...

Race condition, anyone?

[For those in a coma: The stupider we are the more clever we must have been to pull it off.]

cristo said:
So whos should one ask; the cat...?

They'll tell you don't bother with relationships, just go out all night and come back pregnant/get someone pregnant. :rolleyes: Might want to ask the dog, they know a bit more about being loyal and faithful.

Moonbear said:
They'll tell you don't bother with relationships, just go out all night and come back pregnant/get someone pregnant. :rolleyes: Might want to ask the dog, they know a bit more about being loyal and faithful.

Hmm, good idea. Anyway, I don't have either a cat or a dog, so my relationships are pretty much screwed!

cristo said:
Hmm, good idea. Anyway, I don't have either a cat or a dog, so my relationships are pretty much screwed!

I don't like that statement for some strange reason :rolleyes:

Kurdt said:
I don't like that statement for some strange reason :rolleyes:

:rofl: I agree, it does sound pretty bad when taken out of context!

LOL cristo, ouch.

now I have to know what this is all about!
I'm 19 almost 20! PM me!

hahaha, everyone being so curious, i say he goes on dr Phil and we get it over with

Its like a fortune cookie. Hmm, except I don't get a cookie :/. Maybe it isn't worth it.

Undoubtedly you have tons of people, but if you need someone else's opinion, I'm a male, 18.

Ok, so, like, here's the answer:

There are guys, and there are girls. And there are four possible quantum states for pairs of these particles. This theory does not allow for Emo particles and needs some modification for oscilatory states.

Now, some parings follow fermion statistics. This occurs when, say, the guy looks at another girl while with the one he's with (If you can't be/with the one you love, honey/...)

Then there are the boson states which usually are found in hot tubs in California (you can check out any time you like...)

Then there're the theoretical physicists who do experiments on the quantum states to see which ones collapse under the bright light of day.

If you are one of these physicsists with some quantum wave functions you need collapsed, PM me.

But only if you're OVER 62.5 and can withdraw from your 403(b).

ZM