Exploring Keith Jarrett's Music: A Journey Through the 70's

• Music
  • Thread starter humanino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Music
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of YouTube and the opinion on Keith Jarrett's music. The speaker mentions enjoying cultural content on YouTube and then expresses doubts about Jarrett's music. They also mention the difference in interests when it comes to using YouTube. The conversation then shifts to discussing Jarrett's concerts and how YouTube is a helpful resource for exploring different types of content. Overall, the conversation highlights the diverse opinions on YouTube and the music of Keith Jarrett.
humanino
I use to like you tube.
It's free, it's full of... well you can find a lot of cultural content on it.
Anyway, I am not sure this is a "classic".
Keith Jarrett - Improvisation on Rhodes (1971)
But now I have doubts about Keith Jarret ! Well, that was back in the 70's right :uhh:

Science news on Phys.org
70s, you say? I tube, but I suspect my interests & yours are wildly divergent :p

http://www.skisnowvalley.com/media/tubingtip2.WMV" is great fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thrice said:
70s, you say? I tube, but I suspect my interests & yours are wildly divergent :p

Keith Jarret is still giving concerts today

You tube is awesome!

Keith Jarrett - Improvisation on Rhodes (1971)
One has to like Improvisation or Fusion to appreciate that piece. I have several ablums by Jarrett - from the 1970's and early 80's.

YouTube is a reasonably good resource for exploring what's out there. Unfortunately, the video quality is not always good.

1. What is the main focus of "Exploring Keith Jarrett's Music: A Journey Through the 70's"?

The main focus of this exploration is to delve into the music of Keith Jarrett during the 1970's, a pivotal decade in his career where he experimented with various styles and genres.

2. Is this exploration only for musicians and music enthusiasts?

No, this exploration is for anyone who is interested in learning more about Keith Jarrett's music and the impact it had on the jazz world during the 1970's. No prior musical knowledge is required.

3. How is this exploration structured?

The exploration is divided into 5 chapters, each focusing on a different aspect of Keith Jarrett's music from the 1970's. Each chapter includes a brief overview, recommended listening, and analysis of selected pieces.

4. Can I participate in this exploration if I am not familiar with Keith Jarrett's music?

Absolutely! This exploration is designed to introduce listeners to Keith Jarrett's music and provide a deeper understanding and appreciation for his work. It is a great starting point for those who are new to his music.

5. Are there any additional resources provided for further exploration?

Yes, each chapter includes recommended reading and listening materials for those who want to continue their exploration of Keith Jarrett's music beyond the 1970's. There is also a list of additional resources at the end of the exploration for further research.