What is the English translation for Einsatzunghomöomorphismus in German?

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of "Einsatzunghomöomorphismus" and its English translation. It is described as a homeomorphism where elements from one space are plugged into another space, specifically in the context of polynomial rings and complex numbers. The source of this word is also mentioned.
trambolin
Can anyone identify the word something like

"Einsatzunghomöomorphismus",

and give me the english translation?

It is the homeomorphism where you evaluate the elements by plugging elements from another space. Well, that is not a good sentence...

Suppose you consider the polynomial ring [itex]\mathbb{R}[\xi][/itex] and you start taking elements from that space and plugging complex numbers into the indeterminate to create a mapping [itex]\mathbb{C}[/itex] to most probably [itex]\mathbb{C}[/itex] or a subspace of it.

Hmm... this is not good also but I hope you get the idea, sorry for the sloppiness but I am actually looking for it to study.

Physics news on Phys.org
trambolin said:
Can anyone identify the word something like

"Einsatzunghomöomorphismus",

I've hever heard (or read) that word. Do you mean "Einsetzunghomöomorphismus" or ""Auswertungshomöomorphismus"..? Where did you come across this word?

What about this:
http://planetmath.org/encyclopedia/EvaluationHomomorphism.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, all those letters and I miss only one of them, that made my search completely useless. Nevertheless, thank you very much for the fast response...

1. What is the best way to request a German translation?

The best way to request a German translation would be to provide the text or document that needs to be translated along with any specific instructions or requirements. You can also include any context or background information that may be helpful for the translator.

2. How long does it take to complete a German translation?

The timeframe for completing a German translation can vary depending on the length and complexity of the text, as well as the availability of the translator. It is best to discuss a timeline with the translator beforehand to ensure a timely delivery.

3. Can I request a specific dialect or variation of German for the translation?

Yes, you can request a specific dialect or variation of German for the translation. However, it is important to communicate this with the translator beforehand to ensure they are able to accommodate your request.

4. How do I know if the German translation is accurate?

The best way to ensure the accuracy of a German translation is to have it proofread by a native German speaker or a professional translator. You can also provide any reference materials or glossaries to help the translator maintain consistency and accuracy.

5. How much does a German translation typically cost?

The cost of a German translation can vary depending on factors such as length, complexity, and urgency of the project. It is best to discuss the cost with the translator beforehand and agree upon a fair rate for both parties.