Contactor with auxillary contact

In summary, a contactor with auxiliary contact is an electrical switch that controls the flow of electricity in a circuit. It works by using an electromagnet and an additional set of contacts to monitor the status of the contactor. This type of contactor is commonly used in various applications, including HVAC systems, elevators, and industrial machinery. The benefits of using a contactor with auxiliary contact include increased safety and convenience, and choosing the right one depends on factors such as voltage, current, load type, and environmental conditions. It is important to consult a professional or manufacturer specifications when selecting the appropriate contactor for a specific application.
ismat143
Hi,

i want to make automatic on/off the pump with float switch for my tank with contactor(with auxillary contact)

i have,
1. contactor with auxillary contacts
2. Float switch
3. Manual On/Off switch for pump

i want the connection details according to attached diagram.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Diagram.JPG
    Diagram.JPG
    9.3 KB · Views: 425
Engineering news on Phys.org
here you go

Attachments

• pump1.JPG
    pump1.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 388

What is a contactor with auxiliary contact?

A contactor with auxiliary contact is an electrical switch that is used to control the flow of electricity in a circuit. The auxiliary contact is an additional set of contacts that are connected to the contactor and can be used to provide information about the status of the contactor.

How does a contactor with auxiliary contact work?

A contactor with auxiliary contact works by using an electromagnet to close or open a set of contacts, allowing or stopping the flow of electricity in a circuit. The auxiliary contact is typically used to monitor the status of the contactor, such as whether it is open or closed.

What are the applications of a contactor with auxiliary contact?

A contactor with auxiliary contact is commonly used in electrical control systems, such as HVAC systems, elevators, and industrial machinery. It can also be used in residential applications, such as in air conditioning units and electric water heaters.

What are the benefits of using a contactor with auxiliary contact?

Using a contactor with auxiliary contact can provide several benefits, such as increased safety, as the auxiliary contact can be used to monitor the status of the contactor and prevent electrical hazards. It also allows for remote monitoring and control of the contactor, making it more convenient to use.

How do I choose the right contactor with auxiliary contact for my application?

Choosing the right contactor with auxiliary contact depends on several factors, such as the voltage and current requirements of the circuit, the type of load being controlled, and the environmental conditions. It is important to consult a qualified electrician or refer to the manufacturer's specifications to ensure the correct contactor is selected for the specific application.