What is the Red Patch Under My Eye After Septoplasty Surgery?

• Medical
  • Thread starter KingNothing
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker had a septoplasty surgery on Friday and is now experiencing a red, painful patch under their left eye. They are seeking advice on what it could be and if there is a "nurse's hotline" they can call. They are also unable to get an appointment for the next week due to high demand. The speaker suggests checking with their doctor's office for a nurses line or showing the patch to their doctor. They also mention that surgery is not a gentle procedure.
KingNothing
Friday I had a surgery called Septoplasty, for a deviated septum. I have been recuperating, and I noticed this red patch developing under my left eye. It is painful when touched.

I am wondering if any of you might know what this is, or if there is any sort of "nurse's hotline" I can call for medical advice. I would never be able to get an appointment in the next week - most places around here are booked 2-3 weeks out.

33z7kao.jpg

PS, try not to fall in love.

Biology news on Phys.org
Your doctor's office should have an answering service that will either get you to the doctor or a nurses line, etc...

It could be irritation from things on your face during surgery, but, we don't know. If nothing else, just walk into your doctor's office and show them.

be interesting to see what your doc says. but if you ever see any vids of surgeons working, it's hardly a gentle art.

What is an "attention armchair physician"?

An "attention armchair physician" is a term used to describe individuals who offer medical advice or opinions without proper training or qualifications. They may have limited knowledge or understanding of medical concepts and may rely on their own personal experiences or opinions rather than evidence-based research.

Why is it important to be cautious of advice from attention armchair physicians?

It is important to be cautious of advice from attention armchair physicians because their lack of proper training and qualifications may lead to misinformation or harmful recommendations. Medical decisions should be made based on reliable and evidence-based information from trained professionals.

How can one identify an attention armchair physician?

An attention armchair physician may use phrases such as "in my experience" or "I read online" rather than citing reputable sources. They may also offer one-size-fits-all solutions or make grandiose claims without providing evidence. Additionally, they may lack knowledge of basic medical terminology or procedures.

What are the potential consequences of following advice from an attention armchair physician?

The potential consequences of following advice from an attention armchair physician include misdiagnosis, incorrect treatment, and delay in seeking proper medical care. This can result in further health complications and potentially worsen the condition.

What should one do if they have received advice from an attention armchair physician?

If you have received advice from an attention armchair physician, it is important to verify the information with a trained medical professional. It is also important to educate yourself on reliable sources of medical information and to be cautious of advice from unqualified individuals in the future.