Is There A Limit To Mental Reprogramming?

• Thread starter jimmy1200
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Limit
In summary, the conversation mainly focuses on the power and capabilities of the human mind. The participants discuss the concept of subjective reality and how the mind can influence the body and potentially unlock latent abilities. They also bring up the idea of subconscious reprogramming and its potential for achieving greater manifestations of the mind and body. The Montauk Superman project and the Manchurian candidate are mentioned as examples of mind control. Ultimately, there is a debate about the extent of the mind's control and the possibility of achieving permanent happiness through manipulation.
jimmy1200
well i know most of you know that the body and possibly the world you live in is partly subjective to the mind(i don't believe it is absolute, yin/yang, blah blah). well anyways, i was curious as to what the mind can really do to the body. i mean i always read about hypnosis doing little things, well they might not be small to some but what can reprogramming the mind really do. could you release some latent abilities within us all, could you heal yourself from anyone wound, the questions are infinite.

obviously i don't think the people in here are about to say hey look at me and what i did, but i was just curious as to what you think about this subject.

do you think anything is possible with some subconscious reprogramming, if not, then what is the limiter?

if the world is a super hologram of sort, then anything should be possible right. maybe this is a little philosophical but let's get back to the basic root of the question, is it possible to achieve greater manifestations of the mind/body, then the basic, "make me happy".

have any of you read about the montauk superman project, although it sounds fictional, from the script i read of the guy and the interviewer, i would like to just know your opinion, and your opinion on the manchurian candidate.

i guess getting into more aspects of life is inevitable to answer my questions, so by all means, let loose your thoughts.

i just believe that if the mind is an ultimate processer of reality and the the human body, then reprogramming it through hypnosis or any type of mind reprogramming exercises should have a large effect on the user, and like i said before, if not, then why?

Technology news on Phys.org
I disagree... I believe reality is purely subjective. If you had the "ultimate" convincing machine, that could convince someone of anything, you could make someone who (for example) was shot in the stomach believe he could heal himself. While yes he would die, he would believe that he dies of another reason.. so it goes.

But the thing is, there is no 'ultimate' convinving machine... you personally have ability to reprogram anyone's mind - your mere existence does that. But the key is, you cannot really control how that person's mind is altered, given that their existence also alters your own.

And to make someone permanently happy would also be possible, just hook up the neurons in their face to make a continuous smile. They would look happy, you think they're happy, so they are happy... aren't they?

/blather

The concept of mental reprogramming is a complex and controversial one. Some believe that the mind has the power to reshape reality and achieve seemingly impossible feats, while others argue that there are limits to what the mind can do. Ultimately, the answer to whether there is a limit to mental reprogramming depends on one's beliefs and perspective.

There is evidence to suggest that the mind can have a significant impact on the body and its abilities. For example, hypnosis has been used to help people overcome fears, improve athletic performance, and even control pain. This suggests that the mind has the power to influence the body in ways that may seem miraculous.

However, there are also limitations to what the mind can do. While it may be possible to tap into latent abilities through mental reprogramming, it is unlikely that it can completely heal any wound or achieve superhuman feats. Our bodies have physical limitations that cannot be overcome by the power of the mind alone.

Furthermore, the concept of a "super hologram" and the idea that anything is possible through mental reprogramming is a philosophical and metaphysical concept, rather than a scientific one. While it may be intriguing to think about, it is important to approach these ideas with a critical and rational mindset.

As for the Montauk Superman project and the Manchurian Candidate, these are fictional stories that should not be taken as evidence of the power of mental reprogramming. While they may make for interesting reading, it is important to separate fact from fiction and approach the subject of mental reprogramming with a healthy dose of skepticism.

In conclusion, while there may be some truth to the idea of mental reprogramming and its potential to improve our lives, it is important to approach this concept with a critical and rational perspective. There may be limits to what the mind can achieve, and it is important to understand and respect these limitations.

1. What is mental reprogramming?

Mental reprogramming is the process of changing one's thoughts, beliefs, and behaviors through conscious effort and repetition. It involves identifying negative or limiting thought patterns and replacing them with more positive and empowering ones.

2. Is mental reprogramming effective?

Yes, mental reprogramming can be highly effective in changing one's mindset and improving overall well-being. However, its success depends on an individual's willingness to actively engage in the process and commit to making lasting changes.

3. How long does it take to see results from mental reprogramming?

The time it takes to see results from mental reprogramming varies for each person. Some may experience changes in their thoughts and behaviors within a few weeks, while others may take months or even longer. Consistency and dedication to the practice are key factors in achieving results.

4. What are some techniques for mental reprogramming?

There are various techniques for mental reprogramming, including positive affirmations, visualization, cognitive reframing, and meditation. These techniques involve consciously choosing and repeating positive thoughts, creating mental images of desired outcomes, and challenging and replacing negative thoughts with more empowering ones.

5. Is there a limit to mental reprogramming?

While there is no definitive answer to this question, it is believed that the extent to which one can reprogram their thoughts and behaviors is largely dependent on their level of self-awareness, determination, and willingness to change. Additionally, some deeply ingrained beliefs and thought patterns may require additional support from a therapist or counselor to overcome.