Plotting a Locus Equation on a Graph

• Thread starter HarrisAz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Graph Plot
In summary, the conversation discusses how to plot a x2,x3 graph and how to do so with a locus equation on graph paper. The question is vague and the person asking may need a refresher on graphing. The conversation also mentions the use of parametric equations and the need to plot points and draw a curve on a three dimensional coordinate system.
HarrisAz
How do u plot a x2,x3 graph?

How do u do so? for example i have a locus equation and how do i plot it on the graph paper?? i don't know if i already miss it at school or what..

Harris

Mathematics news on Phys.org

Your question is very vague. Do you know how to use graph paper at all? What DO you know about plotting anything and/or about graph paper?

Are you talking about "parametric equation" and have x2= g(t), x3= h(t)? And what happened to x1?

If you have, for example, x1= f(t), x2= g(t), x3= h(t). ("x1", "x2", and "x3" are just "x", "y", and "z". "x1", "x2", and "x3" are used to match other problems where you might want to have more than 3 dimensions.) You are talking about a three dimensional graph. Calculate (x1, x2, x3) for a number of different values of t, plot those points on an "x1,x2,x3" coordinate system, then draw a curve through those points.

Thanks HallsofIvy!

its not that i don't know,its just that i need to refresh it as my exam is getting closer and i don't even have a flashback about the curve-ing graph or Graph Function.

There are many different kinds of graphs and many different ways you can label the variables you are graphing. Saying "x2, x3 graph" tells us jnothing about what it is you want to know.

1. What is a x2,x3 graph?

A x2,x3 graph is a type of graph that plots two different mathematical functions on the same graph, one with an exponent of 2 and the other with an exponent of 3.

2. How do I create a x2,x3 graph?

To create a x2,x3 graph, you will need to first choose the two functions that you want to plot, one with an exponent of 2 and the other with an exponent of 3. Then, you will need to determine the domain and range of the graph, plot the points, and connect them with a smooth curve.

3. What is the purpose of a x2,x3 graph?

A x2,x3 graph is often used to compare two different mathematical functions that have a similar shape, but different rates of growth. It can also be used to visually represent the relationship between two variables.

4. How do I interpret a x2,x3 graph?

The x-axis of a x2,x3 graph represents the independent variable, while the y-axis represents the dependent variable. The intersection of the two curves on the graph represents the points where the two functions have the same value. Additionally, the steeper curve represents the function with a larger exponent, indicating a faster rate of growth.

5. Are there any limitations to using a x2,x3 graph?

One limitation of using a x2,x3 graph is that it can be difficult to accurately interpret the exact values of the functions at specific points on the graph. Additionally, it may not be suitable for representing functions with significantly different rates of growth or those with complex shapes.