Online Masters Degree Engineering Physics or Applied Physics

In summary, the conversation discusses the search for an online Masters Degree in Engineering Physics or Applied Physics. One person suggests a Mechanical Engineering masters program, but another person points out that there may not be many options for an online program in Applied Physics. The conversation also mentions a Master's of Engineering program in electromagnetics, but no pure physics options have been found.
edgepflow
Does anyone know of an online Masters Degree in Engineering Physics or Applied Physics?

I have searched around, but to my surprise, did not find much.

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know of an Engineering Physics degree, but how about a Mechanical Engineering masters?

http://www.engr.washington.edu/edge/mechanical.html" [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
I am still confused as to how one does "Applied" Physics online?

lisab said:
I don't know of an Engineering Physics degree, but how about a Mechanical Engineering masters?[/URL]
Already have one. I guess I just can't stay away! With a full time engineering job and family, I am looking for online stuff.

There's a reason you won't find one online.

I've been looking myself. The best I can find is a Master's of Engineering online through University of Illinois Chicago (might apply to that one), but its more for the electromagnetics side rather than the mechanics side. But I haven't found one for pure physics.

1. What is an online Master's degree in Engineering Physics or Applied Physics?

An online Master's degree in Engineering Physics or Applied Physics is a graduate-level program that focuses on the intersection of physics and engineering. It combines advanced coursework in physics with practical applications in engineering, preparing students for careers in industries such as aerospace, materials science, and biotechnology.

2. What are the benefits of pursuing an online Master's degree in Engineering Physics or Applied Physics?

There are several benefits to pursuing an online Master's degree in Engineering Physics or Applied Physics. These include the flexibility of being able to complete coursework and assignments from anywhere, the ability to continue working while earning a degree, and the opportunity to gain practical skills and knowledge in both physics and engineering.

3. What are the prerequisites for an online Master's degree in Engineering Physics or Applied Physics?

The specific prerequisites for an online Master's degree in Engineering Physics or Applied Physics may vary depending on the program, but generally, a bachelor's degree in physics, engineering, or a related field is required. Some programs may also require specific coursework or a minimum GPA.

4. What career opportunities are available with an online Master's degree in Engineering Physics or Applied Physics?

Graduates with an online Master's degree in Engineering Physics or Applied Physics may pursue careers in a variety of industries, including aerospace, materials science, renewable energy, and biotechnology. They may also work in research and development, product design, or consulting.

5. How long does it typically take to complete an online Master's degree in Engineering Physics or Applied Physics?

The length of an online Master's degree program in Engineering Physics or Applied Physics can vary, but on average, it takes 1-2 years to complete. This can also depend on whether a student is studying full-time or part-time, as well as any previous credits or coursework that may be transferred into the program.