Youtube Video for AP physics project-Advice/Opinions Wanted

In summary: I think that would be really funny and engaging for viewers. I would recommend keeping the lyrics pretty straightforward and relatable so that it doesn't come across as too convoluted or strange. I would also make sure to shoot the video in 1080p so that it looks good on youtube.In summary, the goal of this Youtube video is to create a performance that relates to physics, and to score it on the last day of class based on the number of views it receives.
pkpiotr517
Youtube Video for AP physics project--Advice/Opinions Wanted

Hey I have to make a youtube video related to physics for our Final event of Physics Olympics.

The objective is to make a performance related to physics, post it on youtube, and the scoring would be determined on the last day of class by the number of views logged by the you tube counter.

In previous years former students did song parodies, and dressed up as our teacher to make it funny.
One team went a different way, and posted a 5 second video of them yelling "Physics"!

Any suggestions? I feel like I could make a song parody and record it in my school media room and edit it there. I don't know what you guys at the physics forum community lean towards, classic rock, classical, modern day music, etc.

The idea that's coming to mind is to just get a popular song, making the lyrics about physics, using my DSLR Nikon 5100 with its 1080P capabilities to capture the video, and make it witty.

Or maybe make a song about how we went through the crazy and tough times of AP Physics? Or maybe a survival guide jingle?

Any suggestions on what you would want to see or feel that is best to do for this assignment, please let me know! I would love to show you guys what we come up with in the end!

Physics news on Phys.org

How about a song about how physics saved your life during a zombie attack? I know zombies are pretty popular, it might get you a few hits!

scoring would be determined on the last day of class by the number of views logged by the you tube counter.

Really?You should definitely incorporate some of the most searched keywords in google into your presentation. That way you are likely to get more youtube hits, and yes, zombies are a must.

Is this a physics project, or a project in SEO/internet-popularity?

Sure I can do zombies as an idea! I have some good lyrics so far, and its to the beat of a pretty popular song now so I think It will do good.

But my only concern is that I don't want the lyrics/idea of the video to seem very obtuse and random...like I have a verse where I explain energy, then I have the chorus that says what to do during a test, and then I will somewhere incorporate how physics saved me from zombies. I mean it sounds like an amazing idea, but I will be thinking long and hard how to keep the idea/theme of the video flowing and making sense throughout.

Loving the Zombie idea!

I think this is a fantastic idea for a project! It's a fun and creative way to showcase your understanding of physics and engage with your audience on a popular platform like YouTube. My suggestion would be to think about what aspect of physics you want to focus on in your video. Is there a particular concept or phenomenon that you find interesting? Maybe you could do a demonstration or experiment related to that topic and explain it in a fun and entertaining way. You could also incorporate some visual effects or animations to make it more engaging. As for the music, I think it would be great to use a popular song and change the lyrics to make it about physics. This will not only make it catchy and relatable, but it will also show your creativity and ability to apply physics concepts to real-life situations. Overall, my advice is to have fun with it and let your passion for physics shine through in your video. Good luck!

What is the purpose of the "Youtube Video for AP physics project-Advice/Opinions Wanted" project?

The purpose of this project is to create a Youtube video that showcases an AP physics project and to gather advice and opinions from the audience.

What is the best format for the video?

The best format for the video is to incorporate visual aids such as diagrams, graphs, and animations to help explain the project. It is also important to have a clear and concise script and use engaging presentation techniques.

How long should the video be?

The video should be around 3-5 minutes long. This is enough time to explain the project and engage the audience without losing their attention.

What are some tips for creating an effective video?

Some tips for creating an effective video include having a clear introduction that explains the purpose of the project, using visuals and real-life examples to help illustrate concepts, and providing a conclusion that summarizes the key points of the project.

How can I gather feedback and opinions from the audience?

You can gather feedback and opinions from the audience by including a call-to-action in the video, such as asking viewers to leave comments or suggestions, or by creating a separate survey or poll that viewers can participate in.