Where Can I Find Theoretical Postdoc Advertisements?

• Thread starter LAHLH
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Postdoc
In summary, people usually look for postdoc adverts on the APS/AIP career website, at the APS March/April meetings, and on the IoP job website.
LAHLH
Where to people usually look for postdoc adverts?

I am aware of hyperspace and academicjobsonline but are these the only places to check? (I am interested in theoretical ads, specifically gravity etc)

Physics news on Phys.org
there is also spires-jobs. Does no one else have anything?

You neglected to mention where you are, or where you are looking for such position.

In the US, by this time, you should be a member of the APS, and should have known about (i) the APS/AIP career website and (ii) have attended conferences such as the APS March/April meetings where a lot of potential employers post their jobs and even conduct job interviews there. These are the most common ways people look for postdocs.

However, you should have also made use of your professors/supervisor, who should have an inkling on who's looking for postdocs, or at the very least, give you some leads or contacts.

Zz.

I'm in the UK. Thanks for the APS career website, I will look there too, but previously this hadn't been mentioned to me. I have of course talked about this with supervisor and my primary applications are to places he has recommended, however at this stage I am trying to broaden my search also for which such job listings sites are pretty useful.

LAHLH said:
I'm in the UK. Thanks for the APS career website, I will look there too, but previously this hadn't been mentioned to me. I have of course talked about this with supervisor and my primary applications are to places he has recommended, however at this stage I am trying to broaden my search also for which such job listings sites are pretty useful.

Then you should look at the IoP job website, which I'm guessing there is one, and which I would think you are a member of already by now.

Zz.

yep, already done that (I think it's now known as brightrecruits.com), not much in my field unfortunately-seems to be mostly condensed matter or more experimental stuff, as I say I believe hyperspace, academicjobsonline, spires-jobs to be the best places for theory postdocs I have found. Just wanted to check if any other similar sites likes these existed.

1. What are postdoc advertising sites?

Postdoc advertising sites are online platforms that allow universities, research institutions, and other organizations to advertise their postdoctoral positions to potential candidates. These sites typically include job listings, information about the position, and instructions on how to apply.

2. How do I find postdoc advertising sites?

There are several ways to find postdoc advertising sites. You can search online for "postdoc advertising sites" or "postdoctoral job boards" to find a list of options. You can also check with your university's career center or faculty advisor for recommendations. Additionally, many scientific societies and organizations have their own postdoc job boards that you can access through their websites.

3. Are postdoc advertising sites free?

Some postdoc advertising sites are free for both job seekers and employers, while others may charge a fee for posting or viewing job listings. It is important to research the specific site you are interested in to determine any associated costs.

4. How do I apply for a postdoctoral position through an advertising site?

Each postdoc advertising site may have a slightly different application process, but most will require you to create an account and submit your application materials through their platform. This may include uploading a CV, cover letter, and any other required documents. Make sure to carefully read the instructions provided on the site before applying.

5. Can I customize my job search on postdoc advertising sites?

Yes, many postdoc advertising sites have search filters that allow you to customize your job search based on criteria such as location, research area, and salary. This can help you narrow down your options and find positions that align with your interests and qualifications.