PF Mentor Promotions and Changes: Meet the New Faces in the Physics Forums!

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, Drakkith has been promoted to PF Mentor and will be taking over the complaints department. ZapperZ has retired and Vanadium 50 has taken his place in the "Physics" forums and is now accepting personal theories via PM. The conversation also includes some playful banter and congratulatory remarks for Drakkith.
Please congratulate Drakkith on being promoted PF Mentor. Drakkith has long been a helpful member with a great attitude and community spirit! Welcome aboard! Drakkith is taking over the complaints department, so if you have any, send them all to him.

Also with the retirement of ZapperZ, Vanadium 50 has taken the slot beside Doc Al in the "Physics" forums. V50 also mentioned to me that he is now accepting personal theories via PM. If you have one please send it to him and he'll give you a detailed review.

Some of the above statements may be false :tongue:

Physics news on Phys.org
:rofl: Oh, wait until V50 starts getting those PMs!

Welcome aboard Drakkith!

From what I've read from Drakkith, he seems to be a pretty nice guy. I think it's a step forward to have him as a mentor.

Didn't know about ZapperZ and Vanadium50 tho ://

Greg Bernhardt said:
he'll give you a detailed review.

Since when three letters in a word "ban" count as "detailed"?

Congrats Drakkith!

Borek said:
Since when three letters in a word "ban" count as "detailed"?
Still more than "no".

Congrats, Drakkith!

I'm glad Drakkith is with us! The hot tub was getting dirty...

Thanks all!

micromass said:
I'm glad Drakkith is with us! The hot tub was getting dirty...

Gah! We can't have that!

Upon promotion, you automatically obtain the title 'The Honourable'.

So now you're the Honourable Drakkith!

StevieTNZ said:
Upon promotion, you automatically obtain the title 'The Honourable'.

So now you're the Honourable Drakkith!

Excellent. Does this mean that Evo knight's me with her banhammer now?

Drakkith said:
Keep your head down

Drakkith said:

No, it means we repeat the fish-slapping ceremony, but using a megalodon this time. :tongue2:

jtbell said:
No, it means we repeat the fish-slapping ceremony, but using a megalodon this time. :tongue2:

*puts on a helmet*

Let's do this.

Be sure your new Mentor's insurance policy is in effect. Just sayin'.

Drakkith said:
*puts on a helmet*
Don't you always wear a helmet? ---> http://physicsforums.bernhardtmediall.netdna-cdn.com/images/avatars/439.gif [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
DrGreg said:
Don't you always wear a helmet? ---> http://physicsforums.bernhardtmediall.netdna-cdn.com/images/avatars/439.gif [Broken]

Touche!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations, Drakkith. You've earned it.

I wonder who I should contact with a personal theory about complaints.

Congrats Drak!

Borg said:
Congratulations, Drakkith. You've earned it.

I wonder who I should contact with a personal theory about complaints.

Phinds.

Yay! Now you can officially give me the boot, rather than having to politely tell me to go away.

Drakkith said:
It's over your head, Om. Go away.

:tongue:

Congrats!

I'd never give you the boot, Om. I'd be nice and give you a pair of boots.

1. What is a staff promotion/change notice?

A staff promotion/change notice is an official document or announcement that informs employees of a change in their job position, title, duties, or salary. It typically includes the effective date of the change and any relevant details or instructions.

2. Why is a staff promotion/change notice necessary?

A staff promotion/change notice is necessary to ensure transparency and fairness in the workplace. It allows employees to understand the reasons behind the change and how it may affect their role and responsibilities. It also serves as a formal record of the change for both the employee and the company.

3. Who is responsible for issuing a staff promotion/change notice?

The responsibility of issuing a staff promotion/change notice typically falls on the human resources department or the employee's direct supervisor or manager. They are responsible for drafting the notice and ensuring it is delivered to the employee in a timely and professional manner.

4. Is a staff promotion/change notice legally binding?

Yes, a staff promotion/change notice is a legally binding document. It outlines the terms and conditions of the change and serves as a written agreement between the employee and the company. It is important for both parties to review and sign the notice to avoid any potential disputes in the future.

5. Can an employee refuse a staff promotion/change notice?

Yes, an employee has the right to refuse a staff promotion/change notice. However, it is important to carefully consider the reasons for the change and the potential consequences of refusing it. It is recommended to discuss any concerns or questions with the human resources department or supervisor before making a decision.