Gas fittings: Chromatograph and Sputtering

by Mike_In_Plano
Tags: chromatograph, fittings, sputtering
Mike_In_Plano is offline
Feb2-14, 09:46 PM
P: 557

I'm attempting to restore my Plasma Sciences CrC-150 Sputtering system, and I'm having a terrible time working out the source gas fittings.
Each is a brass compression fitting with a roughly 1/4" mean thread diameter.

The last time I used this machine, a chemist helped me by assembling a 1/16" or 1/8" stainless steel tube with stainless steel nuts and graphite ferrules. At the time he said the components were normally used for his gas chromatograph.

I'd greatly appreciate help identifying these parts as well as finding a reasonably priced gas dryer/purifier and associated adapters.

Thanks in advance,

Phys.Org News Partner Chemistry news on
Recycling industrial waste water: Scientists discover a new method of producing hydrogen
Making radiation-proof materials for electronics, power plants
A greener source of polyester?cork trees
Mike_In_Plano is offline
Feb15-14, 07:05 PM
P: 557
Hah! It was a 1/8" swagelok tube fitting.
Many thanks to a young man at Torr for getting me the answer.

Stay Warm My Friends,


Register to reply

Related Discussions
Compression Fittings VS. Weld Fittings Mechanical Engineering 15
How can fittings withstand the pressure in a water cutter? General Engineering 5
High Pressure Quick Connect Fittings General Engineering 13
Equivalent Lengths (Le/D) for Valves and Fittings Mechanical Engineering 4
What is plasma sputtering?? General Physics 8