Microsoft Word Margin Help Needed

• Thread starter hecate
  • Start date
In summary, to fix the large gap on the left margin when printing an essay from Microsoft Word, you can either go to File->Page Setup and adjust the margins, or use the "Horizontal ruler" at the top of the page and move the margin with your mouse cursor. Both methods will help you move the essay to the left and fix the spacing issue.
hecate
yesterday when i printed an essay from microsoft word, there was a huge gap of space on the left margin. i try everything to move the essay a little more to the left. sorry if I'm not making myself clear at the moment...if anyone can help, please help...thanks.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Go to File->Page Setup

You can adjust the margins there.

Hmm...what Enigma said is correct!

But if you wish you can also do that with mouse:

On the top you'll find "Horizontal ruler" if you keep your mouse pointer moving just in the margin are you'll find your cursor will become something like <--->

Then you can move your margin with the mouse :)

ok. thanx!

1. What are margins in Microsoft Word?

Margins in Microsoft Word refer to the blank space around the edges of a document. They determine the distance between the text and the edges of the page.

2. How do I adjust margins in Microsoft Word?

To adjust margins in Microsoft Word, go to the "Page Layout" tab and click on "Margins." From there, you can select predefined margin options or choose "Custom Margins" to set specific measurements.

3. Why are my margins not changing in Microsoft Word?

If your margins are not changing in Microsoft Word, it could be because you have the "Different First Page" or "Different Odd & Even Pages" options selected. Make sure to deselect these options before adjusting margins.

4. Can I have different margins on different pages in Microsoft Word?

Yes, you can have different margins on different pages in Microsoft Word by selecting the "Different First Page" or "Different Odd & Even Pages" options and adjusting the margins accordingly.

5. What is the default margin size in Microsoft Word?

The default margin size in Microsoft Word is 1 inch for the top, bottom, left, and right margins. This can be changed in the "Page Layout" tab under the "Margins" option.