Want a Book On Physics Problems

In summary, the conversation discusses different resources for solving problems in physics, specifically mechanics, waves, oscillations, heat, and thermodynamics. The speakers mention using Irodov's Problems In Physics and recommend checking out problem sets accompanying Feynman's series, "Major American Universities PhD qualifying questions and solutions," "Problems and Solutions on electromagnetism," and REA's problems solvers. They also suggest using old Russian books by Krotov and Sena, which may be difficult to find in stores.
Dr.Brain
On Mechanics,Waves,Oscillations,Heat and Thermo etc etc.

I have been doing Problems In Physics by Irodov.

But i want some more.

Physics news on Phys.org
Check out the problem sets accompanying Feynman's series
there ir a series of solved problems, called "Major American Unioversities PhD qualifying questions and solutions" that are pretty good. I have one called "Problems and Solutions on electromagnetism"
and REA's problems solvers

Use Krotov, Sena. Both are old Russian books...

piyush said:
Use Krotov, Sena. Both are old Russian books...

I've been looking for a long time for these books, where I'm from it's impossible to find them on stores. Do you know where i can get a copy?

I understand the importance of continuously expanding our knowledge and skills in our field. It is great to hear that you have already been working on problems in physics through Irodov's book. However, if you are looking for more resources to further enhance your understanding of mechanics, waves, oscillations, heat, and thermodynamics, I would suggest exploring other textbooks and problem-solving books in these specific areas. Additionally, you can also consider attending workshops or seminars, joining online communities or forums, and collaborating with fellow scientists to exchange ideas and solve challenging problems together. Continuous learning and practice are crucial in mastering any subject, and I am confident that with dedication and determination, you will find the additional resources you need to excel in these areas of physics.

1. What topics are covered in "Want a Book On Physics Problems"?

The book covers a wide range of topics in physics, including mechanics, thermodynamics, electromagnetism, and modern physics.

2. Is this book suitable for self-study or is it better for classroom use?

This book is suitable for both self-study and classroom use. It includes detailed explanations and examples to help readers understand the concepts, as well as challenging problems for practice.

3. Are the problems in this book suitable for beginners or are they more advanced?

The book includes problems of varying difficulty levels, from basic to advanced. This makes it suitable for both beginners and more experienced students looking to improve their problem-solving skills in physics.

4. Are the solutions provided for all the problems in the book?

Yes, the book includes solutions for all the problems. This allows readers to check their answers and understand the steps involved in solving each problem.

5. Can this book be used as a study guide for standardized tests like the SAT Physics exam?

Yes, this book can be used as a study guide for standardized tests like the SAT Physics exam. It covers many of the topics and types of problems that are tested on these exams.