What does resonance frequency mean?

In summary, the conversation discussed resonance frequency and its meaning, as well as the concept of resonance in structural engineering. The topic then shifted to the possibility of using palladium to release energy at a specific frequency, but it was clarified that this is not possible due to the nature of palladium and the laws of thermodynamics. The conversation also touched on the concept of free energy and the skepticism surrounding it.
Jacquesl
What does resonance frequency mean?
If you resonance glass is explodes in a way.
Tesla claimed that the whole Earth could resonate electrically at 7Hz, 14Hz, 21Hz.
What does that means?

Physics news on Phys.org

Think of a kid on a swing, which has a certain period and frequency, as it goes back and forth, back and forth. Suddenly, an adult comes by and pushes on the swing just as it is about to start a new period in the same direction of movement. This leads to that fact that the swing will oscillate more.

If the adult had pushed on any other time during the period, the swing's movement would most likely be hindered.

Last edited by a moderator:
And if you resonance palladium @ 4.60 MHz”. It’s supposed to release energy, nuclear bomb or something.
Does it works like that? Besides the nuclear bomb thingy

Huh? Could you clarify what you are talking about? It sounds like cold fusion... Nuclear bombs don't have anything to do with resonance.

Anyway, resonance is when the frequency of a driving force matches the natural frequency of an object/device. The driving force increases the amplitude of the oscillations.

One place where this concept is particularly important is in structural engineering. One famous (and deadly) structural failure was caused by people dancing. The regular pattern of motion induced an oscillation in a balcony, causing it to collapse.

:tongue2:
Jacquesl said:
if you resonance palladium @ 4.60 MHz”. It’s supposed to release energy.

What’s more to clarify :confused:
Someone told me, if you take palladium and resonant it @ 4.60Mhz you will get some energy released, are this a true or not?

Jacquesl said:
:tongue2:
What’s more to clarify :confused:
Well it seems you understand very little about what you are talking about, so maybe you can't clarify, but what you are saying just sounds like word salad. It's just a bunch of words stuck together - not even gramatically correct, btw - that don't form a coherent thought.
Someone told me, if you take palladium and resonant it @ 4.60Mhz you will get some energy released, are this a true or not?
I guess I would have to say it is not true, since it is pretty much just gibberish.

Ie, what is this 4.6mhz driving force? Is it mechanical (probably not, at that frequency)? Electrical? Radio waves? And palladium is just a generic metal - it isn't radioactive, so it can't release nuclear energy. One common context to talk about resonance in the frequency range you mentioned is in an antenna, though you don't use palladium in antennas.

The reason it sounds like cold fusion to me is that the hoaxsters who claimed to have found it used palladium electrodes in their electrolytic cell. But afaik, they were not inducing oscillations, it was pretty much just standard electrolysis.

Last edited:
The reason it sounds like cold fusion to me is that the hoaxsters who claimed to have found it used palladium electrodes in their electrolytic cell. But afaik, they were not inducing oscillations, it was pretty much just standard electrolysis.
The above is a useful info, thank you.
Why not just drop the education policy’s and enjoy the tread, it’s just General Physics, if it’s going to be like this all the time, then I’m afraid there isn’t going to be much more to talk about on this site, if your closing all the threads?
If you know the answer to the questions then your welcome to say it
I’m not here to waste my time to please explain everything and why I in South Africa and why I’m not black and so on, it’s just strait forward to the topic, it’s just a yes or now and a why or a why not, and some conclusions and links, that's how all the other forums work, why make it different?

Last edited:
Jacquesl, this isn't about you at all. We just don't understand 100% what you are asking, and there is a very good chance you don't understand what you are asking.

Everything has a natural frequency, what is also referred to as a normal mode. It is a frequency at which the amplitude of a wave can become very, very large.

You can't "resonate" an object. You can, however, use various waves (mechanical, electromagnetic) at it's natural frequency to build up gigantic amplitudes.

For example, a good wine glass will shatter when a person sings at its natural frequency, because the amplitude of the sound wave (which is the molecules themselves moving back and forth) becomes very large, large enough that the molecules move enough to break the intermolecular bonds.

Furthermore, palladium is simply an element. I don't know a lot about palladium, but it can be used in a number of different compounds, and may even have several allotropes. For every molecular configuration, there is a new natural frequency. I highly doubt that palladium, having a bulk modulus of around 1.8×10^11 Pa, could be 'shattered like glass' by any sound waves that wouldn't seriously injure a person.

Yip your right; I am not sure what I’m asking, that’s why I ask it.
I’m onto testing out all the myths about “free energy”. I’m currently in research from 1 success post in another site. I’m asking the same questions on all the sites. And gets quite a lot of skepticism but there are some of them who sometimes know something that where published in some old science magazines back in the 70s or 80s, It’s dam interesting how it operates.
It’s not completely free energy but just convert one medium to another.
But to us we call it FREE ENERGY because nobody have accepted it in public, because it’s impossible to convert like example, the equivalent of 600W heat into 600W electricity, because we have laws of thermodynamics and all that barrier’s that stop use from thinking further, we are cloned to all think the same, via laws, that were made by clever people, and that laws have very strong foundations, but there’s many ways of doing something and we’ve just probe some.
I don’t have any diploma’s, but I have some certificates, in electronics in engineering N3 and I’m currently going to do my A+ and N+, so I’m no Einstein in physics but it’s doesn’t bother me. If I have an idea/problem in a certain apartment and I need some seriously help, I drop a tread, to ask you clever people, because some of you know some seriously hard core stuff, and that in most cases quite helps, to solve my problems. What why forums exist, to talk about science, some just talk other languages and some have other beliefs, like me example

Because “Input = Output” right, well let's find some other input’s to convert to usable output from

There is a difference between harnessing unusual energy sources and what people like to call "free energy". "Free energy" (getting more out than you put in) is just bad science and a waste of time. Finding new energy sources, is, of course, something scientists would find very useful. If you learn to tell the difference, you will save yourself a lot of wasted time and effort.

And KingNothing is right - I really am trying to help, it's just that if the questions don't make sense, it is hard to answer them.

jacques, you can not do research before you learn the basics, and then the intermediate stuff and then the advanced material, and finally all the published material in the field. You have not yet even learned the basics, so it is meaningless to claim that you are doing any real research! And you can not learn science from internet forums. You need to learn from courses/textbooks, and use the forums to clarify specific doubts.

Anyone answering your questions is under the mistaken understanding that you actually have a grasp of at least the basics. Sadly, they're all wasting their time...as are you!

Ok, there’s nothing as free energy, and getting more out than you put in, is impossible, I belief in finding new energy sources from unknown energy sources. I’m getting the idea; I’m using the wrong words to describe my stuff.

But because it’s so unknown, most describe it as free energy, it’s just a big miss understanding

Last edited:

1. What is resonance frequency?

Resonance frequency is the natural frequency at which an object vibrates or oscillates with the greatest amplitude. It is determined by the physical characteristics of the object, such as its size, shape, and material.

2. How is resonance frequency different from other frequencies?

Resonance frequency is different from other frequencies because it is the frequency at which an object naturally wants to vibrate, without any external forces. Other frequencies can be created by external forces acting on the object.

3. How is resonance frequency related to resonance?

Resonance frequency is directly related to resonance, which is the phenomenon of one object vibrating at the same frequency as another object. When two objects with the same resonance frequency are in close proximity, they will resonate, causing the amplitude of the vibrations to increase.

4. What is the importance of resonance frequency?

Resonance frequency is important because it can affect the stability and performance of objects. For example, in musical instruments, the resonance frequency determines the pitch of the sound produced. In structural engineering, resonance frequency must be taken into account to prevent structures from collapsing due to vibrations.

5. How is resonance frequency measured?

Resonance frequency can be measured using various methods, including the use of a frequency meter, oscilloscope, or by observing the amplitude of vibrations at different frequencies. It can also be calculated using mathematical equations based on the physical properties of the object.