What is the value of f(-\mathbf{q} + \mathbf{q'}) and how do I solve for it?

• Thread starter MadMax
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about finding the value of f(-\mathbf{q} + \mathbf{q'}) and how to handle the substitution of variables in a real and Fourier space. The speaker is unsure about substituting x for -x + x' and is looking for assistance.
MadMax
I have:

[tex]\int d^3 \mathbf{q} d^3 \mathbf{q'} K_{ij} K_{ji} f(-\mathbf{q}+\mathbf{q'})f(-\mathbf{q}+\mathbf{q'})[/tex]

and [tex]f(\mathbf{q})=\frac{i}{q_z}\int d^2 \mathbf{x} e^{i \mathbf{q_\perp} \cdot \mathbf{x}} [a e^{i q_z[H+h_2(\mathbf{x})]} - b e^{i q_z h_1(\mathbf{x})}][/tex]

What does [tex]f(-\mathbf{q} + \mathbf{q'})[/tex] equal?

x is real space and q is Fourier space. I'm thinking I can simply substitute the q for -q + q' , but what about the integral over x and the x values? do i substitute x for -x + x' too? I can't see that turning out the way its supposed to...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
any ideas/hints? o_o

What is "Not sure how to title it tbh"?

"Not sure how to title it tbh" is a phrase often used when someone is unsure of how to title something, such as a document or project.

Why is it important to title something?

Titles provide a brief overview and help readers understand the purpose or content of a document or project. They also make it easier to organize and find specific information.

How do I come up with a title?

There are many different methods for coming up with a title. Some people find inspiration from the main idea or theme of their work, while others use catchy phrases or keywords. It's important to choose a title that accurately reflects the content and is attention-grabbing.

Can I change the title after I've already chosen one?

Yes, you can always change the title if you feel it no longer accurately reflects the content or if you come up with a better one. However, it's important to make sure the new title still fits with the overall purpose and theme of the work.

Are there any tips for creating an effective title?

Some tips for creating an effective title include keeping it concise, using strong and descriptive words, and avoiding vague or generic titles. It's also helpful to consider who your audience is and what they might be looking for when choosing a title.