Try These Delicious Alcoholic Drink Recipes

• Thread starter ShawnD
  • Start date
In summary: Johnnie Walker Black Label if I'm feeling extra fancy. I also like to mix things up and have a few types of shots: vodka, cognac, tequila, rum, and sometimes a sherry or brandy.In summary, Cookie, your drink is tequila and lemon juice with Coke. You say that when sober, you can't tell a story worth crap because you see the story as a whole. When drunk, the story can easily be told because you see it in the order that it happened. You wrote all of your grade 12 final exams drunk.
ShawnD
Science Advisor
What's your drink and how do you make it? I'm always looking for new drinks to try out. alcoholic drinks I mean

My drink is just tequila and lemon juice. The ratio of tequila to lemon increases the more I drink :wink:

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Coke. Just plain Coke. Anything else in it and it's too diluted and I don't get my caffeine fix... And I need my caffeine fix.

cookiemonster

OK I should have specified in the first post that I mean alcohol.

You drink don't you cookie? All the smart people around me drink heavily. That's why bars at universities and tech schools make so much money.

im just a Jack Daniels man. It's crazy, i can't drink it with anything, it HAS to be straight.

Nah, father's an alcoholic. It's done a good job of inspiring me not to.

cookiemonster

Wow, Jimmy. It takes a real man (or woman) to drink stuff straight. I used to be able to do that, then some overdrinking happened in the early years so I can't do that anymore. What a shame huh :frown:

Cookie, have you ever tried drinking? At all I mean?

God's Grace, a re-educated alcoholic, so there isn't much that I hadn't had...Now...Scotch, neat, or on the rocks...or red Wine with dinner, Yuuuuummmmmyiiiiiiiiieeeeeee!

The babysitter once tried to give me some champaigne when I was like 10...

No, never have never will.

cookiemonster

I always let my uncle prepare something for me when we're having dinner. It's always good and I always forget what it's called. I think last time it was Irish Cream or something like that?

cookie, you should try it at least once... the change of perception will blow your mind. Instead of being bombarded by random thoughts, thoughts can be focused to think about 1 thing only. The ability to focus will do wonders.

When sober, I always have to ask people to repeat themselves because I just can't hear them. After a few drinks, I can hear what 1 specific person is saying when 10 people are all talking at once.
When sober, I can't tell a story worth crap because I look at the story as a whole. When drunk, the story can easily be told because I see it in the order that it happened.
When sober, numbers tend to cross over. I'll read the number 45 and write it down as 54 (a lot of people do this). When drunk, that never happens.

I wrote all of my grade 12 final exams drunk. I ended up getting an award for the highest chemistry mark at the school - 96%.
Focus is amazing.

How come all the drunken bums live on the street in a carton box then? :wink:

They were bums BEFORE they were drunks.

You'll find that very intelligent people are often drinkers. Not alcoholics, but certainly people who enjoy a good drink.

If you go to the bars at local universities, you'll often find professors in there. In the first semester of this year (first year at tech school), a lot of the engineering students got to know the instructors by hanging out at the bar. Most of us refer to the profs by first name because we see them so often.

Er... Focus is just about the last of my problems... I'm usually too focused if anything.

Either way, I don't think an argument of "alcohol makes you more capable" is going to work very well. I've never needed something to help me get good grades.

cookiemonster

I found that drinking in excess makes both vision and mind less focused... which is why i drink in moderation. Though i can drink a lot of Jack Daniels before i start to feel drunk.

My drinks eh?

Depends on the setting. For example, I just finished lunch, and I'm currently enjoying a small bottle of 2001 Montepulciano d'Abruzzo, which is semi-dry red Italian wine in case you were wondering. I have been looking around lately for a nice wines, and two bottles that I really enjoyed lately was a 2000 Château des carabins (a very dark Margaux), and a 1999 Château Doyac(a heady Haut-Médoc). I've been meaning to pick up a bottle of Château Lagrange purely for the name :biggrin: , but it's a bit pricey at 28 euros.

When I go out for a beer, don't usually drink Lagers anymore, they tend to disgust me lately. I usually go for Geuze or Kriek, which are soury-sugary beers (the second one means "cherry" in Brussels dialect and is indeed red and cherry-flavoured) that can only be brewn in the Brussels area, because they need a certain kind of bacteria to mature that is only found in the swamps that Brussels was built over.

When I go out for dinner, it's usually red port (Sandeman if they have it) or Martini Fiero for appero, and Amaretto (Italian almond liquor) for pousse-café.

When I go out clubbing, I usually drink Bailey's (Irish wiskey and cream) or Pisang-orange (that's banana liquor).

I used to be a wiskey drinker, but that's changed recently. More favourites where Jack Daniels, Johnny Walker Black Label, and my very favourite, Four Roses bourbon.

Any questions? :tongue:

Last edited:
I prefere rum and coke but sometimes its whatever my friends and me can get, usually bud lite.

ShawnD said:
cookie, you should try it at least once... the change of perception will blow your mind. Instead of being bombarded by random thoughts, thoughts can be focused to think about 1 thing only. The ability to focus will do wonders.

When sober, I always have to ask people to repeat themselves because I just can't hear them. After a few drinks, I can hear what 1 specific person is saying when 10 people are all talking at once.
When sober, I can't tell a story worth crap because I look at the story as a whole. When drunk, the story can easily be told because I see it in the order that it happened.
When sober, numbers tend to cross over. I'll read the number 45 and write it down as 54 (a lot of people do this). When drunk, that never happens.

I wrote all of my grade 12 final exams drunk. I ended up getting an award for the highest chemistry mark at the school - 96%.
Focus is amazing.

You ever want to be extremely entertained, go to a party sober and watch your drunk "focused" friends tell a story. When they are in the high happy stage, (just before the "I love you man, no really, I really love you man" stage) they are a hoot, and anything but focused. If you got a 96% chemistry mark drunk, you would have gotten 100% sober.

Hang in there Cookiemonster, you aren't missing a thing (and yes I've tried it. rum and coke, beers, vodka, wine, champagne, Baileys Irish Cream, etc.) I can do without any of it. Fortunately my easily addicted personality doesn't extend to alcohol, not sweet enough for me.

Vanilla Coke

I hardly drink beer or any alcoholic beverages, although for the last 2 weeks I went clubbing I ordered a Heineken.

ShawnD said:
cookie, you should try it at least once... the change of perception will blow your mind.
I think cookiemonster doesn't need to try anything, the change of perception really is not that special at all, unless you drink yourself to the floor.

Focus is amazing.
You sound like an alcoholic right there.. not saying that you are, but that is the exact same thing what someone dependent on it would say.. you are on a slippery slope, if you don't mind me saying.

What I like? Heineken ofcourse! nah.. not really ;) some fruity white wine is always refreshing.. recently I had Ouzo (40% alcohol) which was actually really tasty :)

I like having a margarita at sunset down at the beach when it gets to be end of summer.
Back in Texas, Tequila is very popular. It has a reputation for making people feisty and belligerent. I am not sure I believe that - alcohol is alcohol, right? I do notice that it keeps me awake at night, so I can't have more than one.

I have always wanted to know what night train tastes like but you can't get it in england. More to the point, i would like to get drunk on night train, can someone send me a crate over?

I never understood the point of getting drunk.. ohwell.. you want to get drunk on the night train? Be carefull where you end up though ;)

:) oh i don't like getting drunk which is why i tend to drink in moderation, usually only two or three pints when i go out. However i have heard stories about people getting drunk on night train, and i just want to feel the hangover the morning after... weird isn't it?

you want to feel the hangover the morning after.. I'd classify that as weird.. yes.. or are you trying to find some reason to clean the bathroom? could be..

You know, I've got these friends who are already 25 or so and still think it is cool and mature to get messed up :O they proudly tell me their stories how sick they got.. well.. ok.. ehj! we are missing another smiley :eek: now how can I express disgust? oh well ;)

Last edited:
I drink God's elixir, Beer.
The worst drink I've had was straight gin...high priced sterno.

Gin was the very first and worst tasting alcohol I've ever tried. I was 17 at the time, experimenting, had 3 shots then the lemon chaser.

Best: White Russian! I'm the dude! :biggrin:

Gin was the very first and worst tasting alcohol I've ever tried. I was 17 at the time, experimenting, had 3 shots then the lemon chaser.

Gin and tonic with lime is pretty good!

I've never gotten around to enjoying beer, I like the mixed drinks and shots.

Last edited:
Did you start to like white russians before or after you saw The Big Lebowski?

ShawnD said:
Did you start to like white russians before or after you saw The Big Lebowski?

I have to admit, after :frown: but they are soo good, one of the few drinks I actually really enjoy.

White russians were my favorite too.. reminds me of Italy :)

In the summer I drink gin or vodka tonics with lime. In the fall/winter I drink cream sherry, holidays Iish Cream. Year 'round dirty or black martini's. For wine I currently prefer white zinfandel.

For years I only drank unblended scotch on the rocks. Glenlivet or Glenfiddich mainly.

I will never turn down a really good frozen magarita. :biggrin:

I also do not drink to get drunk, I don't like losing control.

lemonade and vodka is my drink of choice currently, although after about 3 i want to go to sleep. i also enjoy grapefruit juice and vodka (greyhound) as well.

Heh, no worries about me. I'm not about to get suckered into an expensive habit anytime in my life. It helps that I don't have any money and I'm too lazy to go to parties.

Somebody might be able to convince me to have a little bit for my 21st birthday, but that's not very likely either.

Honestly, I've never met anybody that was more interesting drunk than sober. I don't see how it'd be the opposite for me.

cookiemonster

Cookiemonster, you should be applauded for not wanting to drink. A very wise decision. :smile:

drunk people are only interesting when you are drunk as well. I have been to so many parties and nights at the pub where i was DES (designated driver) and been bored out of my mind and not at all amused by their foolish antics.