High Pressure Quick Connect Fittings

In summary: I am in attendance at that, we expect pictures.In summary, some people have had success and failure with high pressure quick connect connectors. There is a large variance in price, so it is important to research what is available before making a purchase.
dingpud
Has anyone out there had any successes or failures on high pressure (up to 400 psi) quick connect connectors?

I've done the basics McMasterGoogleGlobalSpec search, and have come up with a few different kinds. There is a large variance in price, so I wanted to see what anyone has had experience with.

Requirements:
Male to Female connection
Corrosion resistance (part will go between water and air possibly once every 10 minutes. Submerged for no more than 2 minutes at a time.
Standard NPT threads are a plus (1/2" or 3/4")

Also, the hose to go with these, any suggestions would be helpful. I found a rubber hose with a wiremesh structure that is intended for high pressure air and/or water application, so will probably go with that.

Thanks all...

Engineering news on Phys.org
I dug deeper into McMaster and found what I was looking for...

The ones you can get from McMaster are made by Snap-Tite. We use them all the time. They are very good fittings. Parker and Aeroquip also make similar products as well.

Here is Snap-Tite's web site:
http://www.snap-tite.com/

Cool, that works. I might be able to find something a little more specific on their sight as well.

I was looking through some threads and came across one where you were posting about your chicken launcher. That sounds sweet. We had made some spud guns where I was before...those things are awesome. We ended up having an actual need for them for launching 2x4's at some structural material...

I am guessing that you were launching them into the intake of an engine?

Thanks again for the link...

dingpud said:
I am guessing that you were launching them into the intake of an engine?

Naw, that would be a total waste. It's a barbecue reloading device.

Ha ha ha...

That's hilarious. Since we are cooking things, let's launch a potatoe into a mounted french fry cutter, then have it land in a deep frier... it slices, it dices, it throws scalding hot cooking oil all over the place...

Yup. Birds at engines. Life don't get any better than that.

No prob on the link.

dingpud said:
lets launch a potatoe into a mounted french fry cutter, then have it land in a deep frier... it slices, it dices, it throws scalding hot cooking oil all over the place...

I feel a Rube Goldberg device coming on... :devil:

Danger said:
I feel a Rube Goldberg device coming on... :devil:

Since we are cooking engineers, we can somehow incorporate a greasecar...

Swagelok makes excellent high pressure fittings

dingpud said:
Since we are cooking engineers, we can somehow incorporate a greasecar...
:rofl: I think you just reinvented biodiesel.

yeah, that's kind of what I had in-mind.

it would be a heck of a show at the annual punkin chunkin competition in Delaware...

If you're in attendance at that, we expect pictures.

Yeah, I plan on going this year. Not to compete or demonstrate, but just to observe. I am kind of fortunate, living only about an hour driving distance (or less) from the site.

Will definately post pictures...

1. What are high pressure quick connect fittings?

High pressure quick connect fittings are specialized connectors used to join two or more components together in a high pressure system. They allow for quick and easy connection and disconnection without the need for tools or complex procedures.

2. What types of systems are high pressure quick connect fittings used in?

High pressure quick connect fittings are commonly used in hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, and other high pressure applications such as water and gas lines. They are also found in industries such as oil and gas, automotive, and aerospace.

3. How do high pressure quick connect fittings work?

High pressure quick connect fittings typically consist of two parts – a male connector and a female connector. These parts have interlocking grooves and a locking mechanism that allows them to be easily and securely joined together. When the connectors are pushed together, the locking mechanism engages and creates a tight seal.

4. What are the advantages of using high pressure quick connect fittings?

High pressure quick connect fittings offer several advantages, including time and cost savings, ease of use, and versatility. They allow for faster assembly and disassembly of systems, reducing downtime and labor costs. They also eliminate the need for specialized tools and skills, making them more user-friendly. Additionally, these fittings can be used in a variety of high pressure applications, making them a versatile solution.

5. Are there any safety considerations when using high pressure quick connect fittings?

Yes, it is important to follow proper safety precautions when using high pressure quick connect fittings. These fittings are designed to withstand high pressures, so it is crucial to ensure they are properly connected and locked to avoid any leaks or accidents. It is also important to regularly inspect and maintain the fittings to ensure they are in good working condition.