You have won £552,000 pounds

• Thread starter rootX
  • Start date
In summary: So, I forwarded him this email:Hi Mr. Johnson,Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately I am not interested in working with you. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Best, [Name]
rootX
You have won £552,000 pounds Sterling.
...@hotmail.com

Roger Keenan,Co-ordinator.

Anyone else receiving these emails? My free hotmail inbox gets at least 2 of them per week! Even my spam blocker doesn't work.

They also mailed to my home address once :grumpy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
rootX said:
Anyone else receiving these emails?

No.. have you claimed your prize money?

cristo said:
No.. have you claimed your prize money?

They are spam!
I never replied back but I know many other people who receive these emails/mails. Recently, some of those guys (Italians) were caught - from BBC.

I received that above one today and I sent one to junk two days ago:

Dear e-Mail User,
You have won £ 850,502.00 in the recent email draw of the UK National Lottery. For more information contact your claims agent Dr.David Clientfield via
his email and provide him with your informations required below to file for your lottery cliam;
Dr.David Clientfield.
E-mail:*************@strompost.info [EDITED EMAIL]
CLAIMS PROCCESSING FORM;
*Full Name:

Last edited:
LOL, I haven't received these in e-mails but I have received something similar in the post. They say, "You have won a car, a vacation, which are all of your choosing."

I just tossed them in the wastebasket.

~christina~ said:
LOL, I haven't received these in e-mails but I have received something similar in the post. They say, "You have won a car, a vacation, which are all of your choosing."

I just tossed them in the wastebasket.

You didn't call the number to find out which one you'd won?

cristo said:
You didn't call the number to find out which one you'd won?

Of course I wouldn't, I'm not greedy. :wink:

My mom now 82 is a sucker for these bogus and hateful mails, every other week she has won some fantastic prize, it takes all my persuasive skill to tell her what a load of crooks the people that send these things out are, often she is crest fallen to find she has been coned.

wolram said:
My mom now 82 is a sucker for these bogus and hateful mails, every other week she has won some fantastic prize, it takes all my persuasive skill to tell her what a load of crooks the people that send these things out are, often she is crest fallen to find she has been coned.

I'm pretty sure I'd not enjoy being "coned" either. :biggrin:

I got one for £300 million. It was so poorly written it was hard to discern if I won the 300 million or was one of 100 winners of £3 million. They apparently invested well in the stock market and wanted to share their good fortune. :rolleyes:

Then there is that beautiful African lady, whose incredibly wealthy father died in a plane crash. She is in big trouble and wants to direct all that money out the country as soon as possible. You can rescue her by allowing her to deposit the money on your account temporarily and she'll reward you abundantly. Now, if you would please forward your bank account details, credit card number and PIN...

http://www.419eater.com/index.htm

I once got a nice email from a fellow wanting to get a lot of money out of Nigeria. Here's what I wrote back to him:

Dear Mr. Johnson:

Thank you for contacting me. I am certain that we can come to a mutually satisfactory arrangement. I am a blood relative of many people who have died, so it comes as no surprise that you have chosen me to handle this transaction for you. Also, I have personally arranged the transfer of countless millions of dollars out of Nigeria in the past year. Perhaps I flatter myself, but I suppose that you have been made aware of my exploits and have contacted me because you have heard how discrete and professional and honest I am in such matters.

Since there is so much money at stake, I suggest that we meet privately face-to-face. I have to maintain the appearance of being a working man with limited resources, so I cannot fly around the globe, but surely a man of your means can take a day or two and come to Maine to finalize our plans. The leaves are especially beautiful now in the fall. As a show of good faith, I ask that you bring me at least 5 gem-quality rough stones of bright green Tsavorite (5 carats each) or Tanzanite (10 carats each) and 3 ounces of gold bullion. I do not like to demand these things, but unfortunately a few of the Nigerians that I have done business with, who have claimed to be in positions of wealth and power, later turned out to be charlatans. I am asking for a very modest proof of your intent, and on successful completion of our deal, I will of course return the gems and the gold or deduct their cost from my share of the 10.5M and return it to you.

I am very excited to put this deal together, and await your response.

XXXX

Have a look at the following website. They're a group of guys who turn these Nigerian scams around on the perpetrators, often very successfully.

http://www.419eater.com/

Some genius work in there.

:rolleyes:

Borek said:
:rolleyes:

Oops, sorry.

1. What is the source of the £552,000 pounds?

The £552,000 pounds is a prize that you have won through a lottery, sweepstakes, or other form of competition or promotion.

2. How do I claim the £552,000 pounds?

The specific process for claiming the £552,000 pounds may vary depending on the source and terms of the prize. It is important to carefully read and follow the instructions provided by the organization or company awarding the prize.

3. Are there any taxes or fees associated with the £552,000 pounds?

In most cases, yes. Depending on your location and the source of the prize, you may be required to pay taxes on the winnings. It is important to consult with a tax professional to understand your obligations.

4. Can I transfer or gift the £552,000 pounds to someone else?

Again, this may vary depending on the terms of the prize. Some prizes may allow you to transfer or gift the winnings to another person, while others may have restrictions on this. It is best to consult with the organization or company awarding the prize.

5. What should I do with the £552,000 pounds?

This is ultimately up to you and your personal financial goals. It is important to carefully consider your options and seek professional advice before making any decisions on how to manage or invest the money.