What is the Best High School Geometry Book for Self-Teaching?

In summary, high school geometry is a branch of mathematics that focuses on the study of shapes, sizes, and relationships between points, lines, and angles in both two-dimensional and three-dimensional spaces. A typical high school geometry book covers various topics such as points, lines, angles, triangles, quadrilaterals, circles, polygons, transformations, congruence, similarity, area, volume, and basic trigonometry. Geometry is important in high school as it helps develop critical thinking skills, spatial reasoning, and problem-solving abilities, and serves as a foundation for higher-level math courses and real-world applications. The three types of proofs in high school geometry are direct proofs, indirect proofs, and proof by contradiction. To improve your geometry skills, it
burgert
im looking for a basic high school level geometry book to tech myself from i looked on amazon for a book and i found this one
https://www.amazon.com/dp/071671745X/?tag=pfamazon01-20
would this be good or should i buy more then one

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Could you post the topics covered in the book? It's hard to recommend it without going through it and seeing if the book is actually useful. You can also try hitting up your local library

for high school geometry, i'd suggest you use prentice hall...

What is high school geometry?

High school geometry is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of shapes, sizes, and relationships between points, lines, and angles in both two-dimensional and three-dimensional spaces.

What topics are covered in a high school geometry book?

A high school geometry book typically covers topics such as points, lines, angles, triangles, quadrilaterals, circles, polygons, transformations, congruence, similarity, area, volume, and basic trigonometry.

Why is geometry important in high school?

Geometry is important in high school because it teaches students critical thinking skills, spatial reasoning, and problem-solving abilities. It also provides a foundation for higher-level math courses such as calculus and can be applied in various fields such as architecture, engineering, and physics.

What are the different types of proofs in high school geometry?

There are three main types of proofs in high school geometry: direct proofs, indirect proofs, and proof by contradiction. Direct proofs involve using known facts and logical reasoning to prove a statement. Indirect proofs involve assuming the opposite of what is to be proven and showing that it leads to a contradiction. Proof by contradiction involves assuming that the statement is false and showing that it leads to a contradiction.

How can I improve my geometry skills?

Practice is the key to improving your geometry skills. Make sure to fully understand the concepts and formulas, and then apply them to various problems. You can also use online resources, work with a tutor, or join a study group to supplement your learning. Additionally, it is important to ask questions and seek help when needed.