How to start learning mechanics?

• Thread starter promech
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mechanics
In summary, the conversation revolved around starting to learn mechanics and conducting small projects. The person inquired about procedures, websites, books, and software for this purpose. Another person suggested starting with a project car or tinkering with a current car, while also recommending Chilton books and Haynes manuals for studying.
promech
Hi all,

How do I start learning mechanics and conduct small mechanical projects?

What procedures, websites, books and software do I follow and learn for this purpose?

Physics news on Phys.org
Did you have anything specific in mind?

Yes, I do. Thermal engineering and desalination technology.

But the thing is I love mechanics and my learning would be for the sake of pleasure.

me too dear i love mechanics very much but i don't how to start. currently I'm in high school and I'm studying H.C.VERMA and some other mechanics books if you got any projects or any new books pleasez convey me

Johnhodges80 said:
The best way to start as i did myself at a young age is to get your self a project car. Something that you can take apart and put back together without having to drive it everyday. I started when i was 14 buy saving up a few hundered bucks and buying a 1979 mustang 5.0 It ran but it needed a transmission and it was wrecked in the front so i began redoin the car.

I kept on putting my allowance and my grass cutting money into it and when i got my license 2 years later i had a decent ride. You could also put add ons on your Clbalt and tinker around with it. Or get a chilton book or Haynes manual and study them they show the whole engines and transmissions inside out. Good luck

Whatever, Clbalts can't be made into trve mvscle by adds or multiplescation.

1. How do I begin learning mechanics?

To start learning mechanics, it is important to have a basic understanding of math and physics. You can begin by studying topics like kinematics, forces, and motion. It is also helpful to have a strong foundation in algebra and geometry.

2. What resources are available for learning mechanics?

There are many resources available for learning mechanics, such as textbooks, online courses, and video tutorials. You can also find practice problems and interactive simulations to help reinforce your understanding.

3. Do I need any specialized equipment to learn mechanics?

While having access to a physics laboratory can be helpful, it is not necessary to have specialized equipment to learn mechanics. Many concepts can be demonstrated and understood through simple everyday objects and observations.

4. How long does it take to learn mechanics?

The amount of time it takes to learn mechanics can vary depending on the individual's background knowledge and learning style. With consistent effort and practice, it is possible to gain a basic understanding of mechanics within a few months.

5. What are some real-world applications of mechanics?

Mechanics is used in many real-world applications, such as designing and building structures, vehicles, and machines. It is also essential for understanding and predicting the behavior of objects in motion, from the movement of planets to the flight of a baseball.