Movie: The Adjustment Bureau - help

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Movie
In summary, the conversation was about a film the speaker saw on a plane and the audio dropping out during a critical dialogue. The main character asks a hat-wearer if they are angels, to which they respond that they are more like case officers who live longer than humans. The speaker mentions needing help for a critical question and wanting to distinguish their thread from a review.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
--spoiler--

Saw this film on the plane flying back from Glasgow. The audio would drop out every once in a while for a just a second. Not a big deal, but it did it during a critical dialogue, one that frames the premise of the story, and I missed it.

Our main character has been caught, and the hat wearers decide to level with him about what they do. He asks the hat-wearer: "So, are you ... angels?"

And the hat wearer says something to the effect of "More like -----, only we live much longer than humans."

What was that one word? What exactly are the Bureau employees if not human?

Physics news on Phys.org
Google is your friend:
David Norris:Are you an angel?
Harry Mitchell: We've been called that. We're more like case officers, who live a lot longer than humans.
http://www.moviequotesandmore.com/adjustment-bureau-quotes-1.html"

Last edited by a moderator:
I always love these 'need help urgent' threads!

Newai said:
I knew it was critical and that I had to act fast.

We need hero badges. I know there are a lot here who deserve one. Or two.

Doc Al said:
Google is your friend:
It occurred to me. But I didn't think this film was good enough to warrant a quotes list.

Newai said:
:tongue2:

I wanted to distinguish from a thread that was simply a review. I wanted to make it clear I had a question I needed help with.

What is the plot of "Movie: The Adjustment Bureau"?

The movie follows the story of a politician who falls in love with a ballet dancer, but their relationship is hindered by a mysterious group known as the Adjustment Bureau, who are determined to keep them apart.

Who are the main characters in "Movie: The Adjustment Bureau"?

The main characters are David Norris, a young politician, and Elise Sellas, a ballet dancer. Other important characters include members of the Adjustment Bureau, including Richardson, Thompson, and Harry Mitchell.

Is "Movie: The Adjustment Bureau" based on a book?

Yes, the movie is based on a short story called "Adjustment Team" by Philip K. Dick. The story was later adapted into a screenplay by George Nolfi.

What genre does "Movie: The Adjustment Bureau" fall under?

The movie can be classified as a romantic thriller or science fiction. It combines elements of romance, mystery, and science fiction in its plot and themes.

Are there any sequels or spin-offs to "Movie: The Adjustment Bureau"?

No, there are currently no sequels or spin-offs to the movie. However, there have been talks of a potential television series based on the concept of the Adjustment Bureau.