EE Senior Project: Designing a Wireless Project

In summary, the conversation is about discussing ideas for an electronics project. The person being addressed is interested in wireless projects and is encouraged to pursue that interest. Suggestions for potential projects include a wireless messenger or a garage door opener that responds to mental commands. The conversation also touches on the idea of robot-hand tracking and robotics or chip design as potential project ideas.
dduardo
Staff Emeritus
What type of electronics project did you design? What do you think would be a good project? Right now I'm leaning towards a wireless project.

Engineering news on Phys.org
From your profile, it looks like you're mainly a sofware guy. What mix of software, off-the-shelf hardware and custom hardware do you want in your project?

dduardo, this is probably the first time i have seen you posting in this forum. I've even asked you already why are you a EE and you don't even post here :D Wireless is what I'm interested in myself so I would say to go with that, just try to come out with something new.

Have you thought about doing a wireless messenger. Anyway it is basically just sending messages at some discrete frequency over a local area. Applications could be around UM's campus LOL.

dduardo said:
What type of electronics project did you design? What do you think would be a good project?
I am not there yet, but i have heard of other's: the coolest was robot-hand tracking human-hand movement.
Robotics or chip design sounds interesting.

Design a garage door opener that you wear on your head and which
responds to the mental command "open the garage door".

1. What is the purpose of designing a wireless project for an EE Senior Project?

The purpose of designing a wireless project for an EE Senior Project is to apply the knowledge and skills acquired throughout the course of the program to create a practical and innovative solution to a real-world problem. This project allows students to demonstrate their understanding of wireless communication systems and their ability to design and implement a functional prototype.

2. What are some common types of wireless projects for an EE Senior Project?

Some common types of wireless projects for an EE Senior Project include designing and building wireless sensors and networks, developing wireless communication protocols, creating mobile applications for wireless devices, and designing wireless power transmission systems. Other projects may involve wireless control systems, remote monitoring systems, or wireless biomedical devices.

3. What are the key components of a wireless project design?

The key components of a wireless project design include identifying the problem or need, conducting research and analysis, developing a project plan, designing and prototyping the solution, testing and evaluating the prototype, and documenting the project process and results. It is also important to consider the budget, timeline, and feasibility of the project.

4. What skills are required to successfully complete a wireless project for an EE Senior Project?

To successfully complete a wireless project for an EE Senior Project, students should have a strong foundation in electrical engineering principles, as well as knowledge of wireless communication systems and technologies. They should also have skills in programming, circuit design, data analysis, and project management. Effective communication and teamwork skills are also important, as most projects involve collaboration with other team members.

5. What are some potential challenges in designing a wireless project for an EE Senior Project?

Some potential challenges in designing a wireless project for an EE Senior Project may include limited resources or equipment, technical difficulties in implementing the project, and time constraints. It may also be challenging to ensure the project is unique and innovative, and that it addresses a real-world problem effectively. Additionally, communication and coordination within a team may also present challenges.