Transformer Mathmatical Modelling

Np/Ns)*EsIn summary, the conversation discussed the use of mathematical modeling and MATLAB for analyzing transformers. It was suggested to combine Xp and Xs in the modeling, and to consider both no load and full load scenarios. Some engineers disagree on whether Xp and Xs can be combined. The conversation also touched on the equations for secondary voltage (Vs) and flux (flux).
brilliant-12
750px-Transformer_equivalent_circuit.svg.png

I would like to do the mathmatical modelling then apply it in matlab. This is my trailier.

Vp-ip*Rp-Lp*(dip/dt)-Rc*ic = 0 ----- 1
Vp-Lm*(dim/dt) = 0 ------2
i need the modelling of the secondary voltage to the primary and the flux

Vs= ?
flux= ?

I did apply it in MATLAB but didn't work.

Engineering news on Phys.org
up ....

I know nothing about mathlab. But from a transformer analysis point of view:
Xp and Xs should be combined.
Do modeling at no load and also at full load.
At no load Xp, Xs, Rp and Rs can be ignored.
At full load Rc and Xm can be ignored

Above simplification can be used for normal transformers. There are some extremely rare exceptions where the preceding is not true.

Some transformers engineers say Xp and Xs can not be combined. I am in the group that say they can be combined.

brilliant-12 said:
I would like to do the mathmatical modelling then apply it in matlab. This is my trailier.

Vp-ip*Rp-Lp*(dip/dt)-Rc*ic = 0 ----- 1
okay
Vp-Lm*(dim/dt) = 0 ------2
That can't possibly be right.
i need the modelling of the secondary voltage to the primary and the flux
Vs= ?
Vs=(Ns/Np)*Ep

What is transformer mathematical modelling?

Transformer mathematical modelling is the process of using mathematical equations and principles to analyze and predict the behavior of transformers. It involves creating a mathematical representation of a transformer and using it to simulate its performance under different conditions.

Why is transformer mathematical modelling important?

Transformer mathematical modelling is important because it allows engineers and scientists to understand and predict the behavior of transformers without physically testing them. This can save time and resources, and also help in designing more efficient and reliable transformers.

What are the main factors considered in transformer mathematical modelling?

The main factors considered in transformer mathematical modelling include the physical properties of the transformer, such as the number of windings, the type of core material, and the geometry of the transformer. Other important factors include the operating conditions, such as voltage and frequency, and the environmental factors, such as temperature and humidity.

What are the limitations of transformer mathematical modelling?

Transformer mathematical modelling has some limitations, as it is based on mathematical equations and assumptions. It may not accurately represent real-life conditions or unexpected events, such as power surges or faults. Therefore, it is important to validate the results of mathematical models with physical tests.

How is transformer mathematical modelling used in practice?

Transformer mathematical modelling is used in various ways in practice, such as in the design and optimization of transformers, in predicting and diagnosing potential issues, and in simulating different operating conditions. It is also used in research and development to improve the performance and efficiency of transformers.