Can anyone explain me the 4 diode Balanced modulator circuit

by dexterdev
Tags: balanced, circuit, diode, explain, modulator
Share this thread:
dexterdev
Mar15-13, 11:03 PM
P: 191
Hi,
Can anyone explain me the working of 4 diode DSBSC Balanced modulator circuit. ie how multiplication occurs when switching. The image is attached.
-Devanand T
Attached Thumbnails
bd.jpg  
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
An innovative system anticipates driver fatigue in the vehicle to prevent accidents
Squink personal factory aims to make circuit prototyping easy
Catching grease to cut grill pollution
sophiecentaur
Mar16-13, 10:19 AM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 11,882
Quote Quote by dexterdev View Post
Hi,
Can anyone explain me the working of 4 diode DSBSC Balanced modulator circuit. ie how multiplication occurs when switching. The image is attached.
-Devanand T
Noddy description:
The bridge will produce an output version of the input signal that is 'either way up', depending on the polarity of the (high level) 'control voltage' across the carrier input.The way I have always looked at it is that the Carrier signal reverses the polarity of the Modulation input signal twice every carrier cycle, so the resulting signal will appear as two symmetrical versions of the modulation signal; one inverted and one the right way up - i.e like conventional DSBAM but without any carrier to 'separate' the top and bottom halves of the envelope.
dexterdev
Mar16-13, 11:01 AM
thank you sir

sophiecentaur
Mar16-13, 11:02 AM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Can anyone explain me the 4 diode Balanced modulator circuit

Did that make sense, then? I wasn't sure!
dexterdev
Mar16-13, 11:25 AM
Sir, I got an explanation from Fresnel's Ppls of commn book...that was satisfactory... Thanks for your effort..In between I want to know any IRC channel for this forum (or any similar)so that I can ask doubts live (using windows 7 os). Not that comfortable with chating in IRC although
sophiecentaur
Mar17-13, 11:08 AM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
I don't know of any IRC on PF - but don't discount the possibility. Post a question of the Computing forum. You may get lucky.
dexterdev
Mar17-13, 11:35 PM
thank you sir

Register to reply