Weak in Circuit Analysis what to do?

In summary: It won't make you an EE, but you will have a strong foundation on which to build.In summary, practice solving circuit problems as much as possible to improve your skill.
pandav
Hey, I've found circuit analysis super difficult all my life. Just not one of my things I was born to do. However, now I am doing electronics engineering so that topic often in lectures. In class we have to do analysis of complex transistor cirucuit analysis using 2 port network and norton thevinin. And I am not efficient enough to solve the problem quickly. Can any super awesome super geeky guy please tell me how to get better at circuit analysis and electricity and magnetism. It happens to be one topic that I've always been weak at! right from class 8. It's not that I don't know the concept. I know the concept but I get confused and get stuck.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Practice Practice Practice. IMHO in all of my circuit class there was not one student who just coasted and got by on just intellect. Circuits is not like Calculus or Physics for that matter. I'm not saying it is harder its just a different method of problem solving. Technique is key. Solving circuits problems is about skill not talent the more problems you do the better you become.

This is good advice. Solve as many circuit problems as you can. Don't let a circuit pass your eyes without at least trying to get a grasp on how it works. Good luck!

Step-by-step, you must understand each concept: physically, mathematically, and intuitively!

When working with students I have found that errors and misunderstandings were different for each one - there are some patterns, but everybody is different. But to move from one topic to the next you need to be clear about all of the foundations.

So follow the good advice given above: practice! Practice! Practice!

On practice: As an ME learning EE, I'm wondering if there is a textbook (or web page, etc) that has a large number of example problems with solutions. For example, mechanics people can look at the Hibbler books and corresponding solutions for hundreds of mechanics problems. If someone has a good reference in mind, a reference is appreciated.

Go buy a Schaum's outline book on network (or circuit) theory and work all the problems.

1. What is the definition of "weak" in circuit analysis?

"Weak" in circuit analysis refers to the inability of a circuit to function properly or produce the desired output due to various factors such as faulty components, incorrect connections, or inadequate power supply.

2. How can I identify weak spots in my circuit?

The most effective way to identify weak spots in a circuit is by conducting a thorough analysis, which involves checking each component for defects or malfunctions, tracing the flow of current, and measuring voltages and resistances at different points in the circuit.

3. What causes weakness in a circuit?

Weakness in a circuit can be caused by a variety of factors, including damaged or defective components, incorrect wiring or connections, overloading, or inadequate power supply.

4. How can I fix a weak circuit?

The solution to a weak circuit depends on the specific cause of the weakness. It may involve replacing damaged components, correcting wiring or connections, redistributing the load, or using a more powerful power supply. It is important to identify the root cause of the weakness before attempting to fix it.

5. Can a weak circuit be dangerous?

In some cases, a weak circuit can be dangerous as it can cause short circuits, overheating, or electrical shocks. It is important to address any weaknesses in a circuit promptly to prevent potential hazards and ensure the proper functioning of the circuit.