Family Guy: What's the Name of That Song?

• Thread starter Treadstone 71
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about a piece of music played in an episode of Family Guy where Peter runs a breakfast machine and gets shot. The song is called "Breakfast Machine" and it is from the movie "Pee Wee's Big Adventure" by Danny Elfman. It can be found on iTunes, but only in the US store. The conversation also briefly touched on the possibility of purchasing the song with a Canadian account on iTunes or from another source.
Treadstone 71
In the episode of Family Guy where Peter runs the breakfast machine then gets shot, there was a piece of music played. Does anyone know its name?

It's the same song played in this video: http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2704424?htv=12. There are two songs in this video, I'm talking about the second one, that lasts throughout the clip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
All I saw was an Ipod video.

Yes, and what is the name of the piece used in the video?

It's Strauss. Also Sprach (thus spake) Zarathrustra.

No, I meant the second song, but I found the name. It's "Breakfast Machine" from "Pee Wee's Big Adventure" by Danny Elfman.

Consequently, I found the song in iTunes, but only the U.S. store has it. I can't seem to buy it with a Canadian account. Does anyone know if it's possible to get it through a Canadian account in iTunes, or from some other source?

Last edited:
cyrusabdollahi said:
All I saw was an Ipod video.
That was a 2nd(maybe 1st) generation iPod, not a video ipod ;)

1. What is the name of the song that plays in the "Family Guy" episode?

The name of the song is "Surfin' Bird" by The Trashmen.

2. Who sings the song in the episode?

The song is performed by Peter Griffin, the main character in "Family Guy."

3. Is the song an original or a cover?

The song is a cover of the original "Surfin' Bird" by The Trashmen, which was released in 1963.

4. What is the significance of the song in the episode?

The song is a recurring joke in the episode, with Peter constantly singing and annoying his family and friends with it. It is also used as a plot device to drive the story forward.

5. Is the song available to listen to or download online?

Yes, the song is available to listen to and download on various music streaming platforms and online stores.