Software I can use to get help in physics

In summary, the conversation is about finding software to help with physics, math, and circuits. The suggested options are Mathematica and Maple, both of which provide detailed algebra, integration, and graphic tools. The conversation also discusses the difference between the two software and the usefulness of a website that shows steps when entering an equation.
ranger
Gold Member
Does anyone know any software I can use to get help in physics, math, and circuits. I need to use these along with my textbooks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Both provide detailed algebra, integration, and graphic tools
When you say tools, what do you mean. Are they tools for doing math fuctions like:
diff(x^2+2,x) or are they educational. WHen you enter a fuction in Mathematica, like one to differentiate an equation, does it just pop out the answer, or does it show the steps. I remeber seeing a website that shows steps when you enter and equation. I think they were using web Mathematica.

Wow, that website you gave has a plethora of data. Thanks.

I already have a CAS on my TI-89.

Last edited:
WHich one is better. Maple 10 or Mathematica 5.2?

What is the best software for getting help in physics?

The best software for getting help in physics will depend on your specific needs and preferences. Some popular options include WolframAlpha, Khan Academy, and Physics Classroom.

Is there any free software available for physics help?

Yes, there are many free software options for physics help. Some of these include PhET Interactive Simulations, Desmos, and Tracker.

Can software really help me understand physics concepts?

Yes, software can be a very useful tool for understanding physics concepts. Many programs offer interactive simulations, visualizations, and practice problems to help you grasp difficult concepts.

What features should I look for in physics help software?

When choosing software for physics help, look for features such as interactive simulations, clear explanations, practice problems, and the ability to track your progress. It's also important to make sure the software covers the specific topics or areas you need help with.

Are there any software programs specifically designed for advanced physics topics?

Yes, there are several software programs designed for advanced physics topics such as quantum mechanics, thermodynamics, and electromagnetism. Some examples include Mathematica, MATLAB, and GNU Octave.