Ultra Strong Small Magnet

• Thread starter Sylvester1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Magnet
In summary, the conversation is about the speaker's search for an ultra strong cylinder neodymium N52 magnet or something stronger with dimensions of 2-3cm in length and 0.7 mm in diameter. They have searched and talked to many companies, but have not found one that can provide such a magnet in small quantities or that is not too fragile. They have two questions: 1) if there is a company that can provide such magnets, and 2) if it is possible to produce an electromagnet with such strong magnetic field using the mentioned dimensions. The person suggesting a website that offers similar magnets, but the speaker explains that the diameter is still too big for their needs. They confirm that electromagnets would not
Sylvester1
Hello everyone,

i am seeking for an ultra strong cylinder neodymium N52 magnet or something stronger if it exists(i know N52 is the strongest ^^) with these dimensions :

length : 2-3cm

diameter : 0.7 mm

I have searched and talked with many companies but either they require a huge amount or they tell me it is impossible to make such a magnet , as it would be extremely fragile.

My questions:

1. Do you know any company which can provide me with such magnetS? (10 would work)

2. Is it possible to produce such an electromagnet with such a strong magnetic field with the dimensions formentioned?

Thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
i have looked into this site before too!their diameter is too big!

So no electromagnets can work for it!

Why do you specifically need a magnet of that dimension?

Hello there,

I understand your search for an ultra strong small magnet. The strongest commercially available magnets are indeed neodymium N52 magnets, and it is unlikely that you will find anything stronger on the market.

To answer your questions:

1. I am not familiar with any specific companies that can provide you with such magnets, but a quick search online may lead you to some potential suppliers. However, as you have mentioned, they may require a large order or may not be able to produce such a small and strong magnet.

2. It is possible to create an electromagnet with a strong magnetic field, but it may not be possible to achieve the exact dimensions you are looking for. Electromagnets require a power source to create a magnetic field, so the size of the power source and the strength of the current will affect the overall size and strength of the electromagnet.

In conclusion, while it may be difficult to find an ultra strong small magnet with the specific dimensions you are looking for, it may be worth exploring the option of creating an electromagnet instead. I hope this information helps and good luck with your search.

What is an Ultra Strong Small Magnet?

An Ultra Strong Small Magnet is a small magnet that has an exceptionally strong magnetic field for its size. It is usually made from rare-earth materials such as neodymium, making it much stronger than traditional magnets.

What makes an Ultra Strong Small Magnet different from a regular magnet?

An Ultra Strong Small Magnet has a much stronger magnetic field than a regular magnet due to its composition of rare-earth materials. This allows it to have a stronger pull force and be more effective for various applications.

What are some common uses for Ultra Strong Small Magnets?

Ultra Strong Small Magnets are commonly used in electronic devices, motors, generators, and other industrial applications. They can also be used for magnetic closures on clothing and jewelry, as well as for holding small metal objects in place.

Are there any safety precautions to take when handling Ultra Strong Small Magnets?

Yes, it is important to handle Ultra Strong Small Magnets with caution as they can produce strong magnetic fields that can interfere with electronic devices and cause harm to pacemakers. Additionally, they can pose a choking hazard if swallowed. It is recommended to keep them away from children and handle with protective gloves.

How can I test the strength of an Ultra Strong Small Magnet?

You can test the strength of an Ultra Strong Small Magnet by using a pull force gauge or by trying to lift different objects with the magnet. The higher the pull force, the stronger the magnet is. However, it is important to note that the strength of a magnet can also be affected by its shape and the material it is attracting.