Interpreting a Dream About Old Friends and Drugs

In summary, the dream may be telling you that you are considering a long term commitment to this person, but you are unsure of their character. You are also concerned for your safety.
Rasine
ok so, the other night i was dreaming...

i was in chicago, where i used to live, near my old house. my long time friend and boyfriend corey was driving an old big chey of some sort. we stopped at a gas staion near my old house. i noticed some funny inuiendo in him when he got out. i asked him are you high? and then i concluded that he was. corey isn't the type to do drugs and i am strongly opposed to it. i was ferious. i got out of the car and refused to get back in. i was sersiouly afriad for my life. corey drove away. i was left at the gas station thinking of who to call to come a save me. i was still afriad. then i thought i could walk home (to my old house). and as i was just about to cross main street, i thought that i would be killed. i awoke.

to anyone who is well versed in interpretation, what does this dream mean?

Physics news on Phys.org
ill take a stab

it sounds to me like you might be looking to commit for the long term whether you are aware of it or not but don't feel 100% secure about it. the only thing that is certain is that you are afraid of something. such a raw emotion in a dream is representative of what you really feel. anyways, it is pretty natural for a person to calculate all the things that can go wrong and to analyze escape methods: the gas station being fuel for the relationship as long term relationships require good management of its fuel, the thinking of who to call as ways you might be able to escape and the thought of having no one to help you if things go wrong, the big chevy potentially being your boyfriend building a potentially violent ego or something similar, the drugs being a reversal in his personality which does happen to people. the long term relations youve had with him so far probably relates to the old scenery.

3 questions: what kind of car does he really drive? why did you think you would be killed when crossing the street? what time of day was it?

hope this helps some

Oh c'mon, you can give diagnoses on what your sub-conscious is trying to tell you based on your dreams! Ludicrous!

he drives an s10 gmc truck. i thought i was going to get killed because of the mulitude of cars. it was the afternoon. sunny warm weather.

Isn't it possible that your mind is just being creative?

Perhaps look at it at a more lucid point of view as well: when your thinking mind is in full control of your dream, what is your sub-conscious trying to tell you?

i don't know!

what do u think

It's just a dream. It doesn't matter what it "means".

Your subconscious is attempting to confuse you. Don't let it win! You're aware of its scheming plans. Let it know you're smarter than it and you won't be showed up.

1. What does it mean to dream about old friends and drugs?

Dreams about old friends and drugs can have a variety of meanings and interpretations, as dreams are unique to each individual. However, it could symbolize a desire for the nostalgia and comfort of past friendships, or it could represent a fear of falling back into old habits or addictions.

2. Does dreaming about old friends and drugs mean I will use drugs in real life?

No, dreaming about drugs does not necessarily mean that you will use them in real life. Dreams often reflect our subconscious thoughts and fears, and do not always predict our actions in reality. However, if you are struggling with drug use or addiction, it may be a sign to seek help and address any underlying issues.

3. Can dreams about old friends and drugs be a sign of unresolved issues?

Yes, dreams about old friends and drugs can be a manifestation of unresolved issues or emotions related to past friendships or experiences with drugs. It may be helpful to reflect on the dream and any lingering feelings it may have brought up, and consider addressing these issues in therapy or through other means of self-reflection.

4. Is it normal to dream about old friends and drugs?

Yes, it is normal to dream about old friends and drugs. Dreams often reflect our thoughts, feelings, and experiences from our waking life, and old friends and drugs may hold significant meaning to us. However, if these dreams are causing distress or impacting your daily life, it may be beneficial to seek the advice of a therapist.

5. Can interpreting dreams about old friends and drugs be useful?

Interpreting dreams about old friends and drugs can be useful in understanding our subconscious thoughts and emotions. It can also help us gain insight into any unresolved issues or fears we may have. However, it is important to remember that dream interpretations are subjective and can vary greatly from person to person, so it is important to take them with a grain of salt and not rely on them as absolute truth.