Explore Heaven-like IIT Kanpur: Ashutosh Madhesea's Photos

• Thread starter heman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Photos
In summary, G V Dasarathi says that India is a beautiful country with a lot of diversity, but there are also a lot of problems. He likes the villages the best because the people are so friendly.
heman
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amadeshiya/show/

They say if there is heaven, then its here, and time to reach it is
now.

Have a look at what we have to boast about! Collections from one of of the
most exuberant campuses in India.
IIT kanpur
Enjoy..
courtsey
Ashutosh Madhesea (Maddy)

Physics news on Phys.org
By the way these pics were originally taken by Manjeet...some of his other works are here,,,,,

http://picasaweb.google.com/manjeetdahiya?pli=1 [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
heman said:
Some very cool thoughts! :cool: :smile: :approve:

I would however say, G V Dasarathi is seeing India somewhat idealistically. There was some conflicts between Sikhs and Indian government (In June 3-6, 1984 Prime Minister of India Indira Gandhi ordered Operation Blue Star, a military assault on Harimandir Sahib in Amritsar, Punjab, which had been occupied by Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale), and between Muslims and Hindus, particularly in Gujarat during February and September 2002.

Last edited:
It does appear that parking on campus is not a problem.:smile: And look at all of the bicycles with no locks on them. Ah that would be a little bit o' heaven.

Astronuc said:
Some very cool thoughts! :cool: :smile: :approve:

I would however say, G V Dasarathi is seeing India somewhat idealistically. There was some conflicts between Sikhs and Indian government (In June 3-6, 1984 Prime Minister of India Indira Gandhi ordered Operation Blue Star, a military assault on Harimandir Sahib in Amritsar, Punjab, which had been occupied by Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale), and between Muslims and Hindus, particularly in Gujarat during February and September 2002.

Astro,,,
I don't think sais that India is Ideal and here conflicts don't occur...but he claims India to be most tolerant country and this is indeed true...
He clearly says
"Yes, the diversity occasionally makes us kill each other, usually over different religions or sub-religions. This is tragic and should never happen, but look at this way"

New member and this is my first post here in this forum.

Hi ,,, everybody

Indian is the nature land but really crowded people wasted its beauty

in addition to the poor life they live...

Nice subject heman

Thanks

It looks like a very nice school for India, some of buildings really stand out. It must be a great place for those study there.
I have been to India, the major cities and many villages, while its country is beautiful, I saw a lot of very sad things there as well..heaven it is not.

hypatia,,which all places have you been to in India...??

Thanks lunarmansion...i really like the way you feel for India...Well you can't compare China and India...these two countries are governed by two different kind of governments..

By the way why would he like to live in India...i have many friends on the similar hand who wish to go to America...

lunarmansion said:
My professor who is American says he would like to live in India if he had the choice. Despite the problems I can understand the charm of the place for certain people who understand the place.

That reminds me of mail I received a couple of months ago about an article written by a French who has been living in India for three decades. You can read it http://in.rediff.com/news/2006/jun/22claude.htm" [Broken].

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the link, Heman. Haven't come across that one before.

neutrino said:
Thanks for the link, Heman. Haven't come across that one before.

i appreciate Neutrino...
I myself too never came across such a beautifully wriiten article which touched me...

lunarmansion said:
think of the history, the art, the spirituality, the architecture-what it left of it- and the great nature
I hope more Indians start doing that. :frown: Extreme-aping of the West appears to be the order of the day in most urban areas.

From Bombay, Khajuraho and New Delhi to the Rat Villages, Vadapattanam.

The Dhorati village was my favorit, the most wonderful people. The snow fall at Munsyari was just breath taking, but with in the week I was walking among the hungry in Pradesh and Bihar. Yours is a country of great contrasts.

hypatia said:
From Bombay, Khajuraho and New Delhi to the Rat Villages, Vadapattanam.

The Dhorati village was my favorit, the most wonderful people. The snow fall at Munsyari was just breath taking, but with in the week I was walking among the hungry in Pradesh and Bihar. Yours is a country of great contrasts.

I am sure you would have loved it...yeah people of villages are great...no one ever forgets them..:smile:
hey you also went to my place...yeah but anyone who goes to India ,goes to my place too because i live in New Delhi..:biggrin: So next time please meet me while you come to India...i will show you Delhi around ...

yeah that's the actually the speciality ..i mean so much variation...i think you should read the link which i provided in my previous post..you will love it!

Those fotos remind me of Iran heman. :approve:

which fotos??

Your very first post.

lunarmansion said:
My professor who is American says he would like to live in India if he had the choice. Despite the problems I can understand the charm of the place for certain people who understand the place. The biggest problem that I saw when visiting is the overpopulation. It is a big country and one has to go several times to really see it all because the regions are different. But look, the Chinese lifted 250 million people out of poverty in the last twenty years. With ongoing developments why cannot India do the same? Unless developments are blocked by fundamentalism and religious problems. One would like to be optimistic.

i really hope that they won't act like the chinese... they government is cruel...

i don't think its because of religous reason, i never saw them as premitive in culture...
a country doesn't get rich only by being open to new ideas... they have deseases and the pakistan on their head... and hostile populations, they don't get along with the muslims...
but I am really ignorant about india... I am thinking about having a long long trip in the east in the future, so i might spend some time in india..

cyrusabdollahi said:
Your very first post.

in that case i will wait for Lisa! to confirm...:biggrin:

1. What is "Explore Heaven-like IIT Kanpur: Ashutosh Madhesea's Photos"?

"Explore Heaven-like IIT Kanpur: Ashutosh Madhesea's Photos" is a collection of photographs taken by Ashutosh Madhesea, a student at the Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur. These photos showcase the beauty and unique features of the campus, giving viewers a glimpse into the life and culture at IIT Kanpur.

2. Who is Ashutosh Madhesea?

Ashutosh Madhesea is a student at the Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur. He is passionate about photography and has captured the beauty of his campus through his lens, sharing it with the world through his collection of photos titled "Explore Heaven-like IIT Kanpur: Ashutosh Madhesea's Photos".

3. Why is IIT Kanpur compared to heaven in the title?

The title "Explore Heaven-like IIT Kanpur" is a metaphor used to describe the beauty and unique features of the campus. The lush greenery, modern architecture, and vibrant student life make IIT Kanpur a truly picturesque and heavenly place to study.

4. How can these photos be useful for someone interested in IIT Kanpur?

These photos can be useful for someone interested in IIT Kanpur as they provide a visual representation of the campus and its facilities. They can give potential students a better understanding of what to expect at IIT Kanpur and help them make an informed decision about whether to pursue their education there.

5. Are these photos officially endorsed by IIT Kanpur?

No, these photos are not officially endorsed by IIT Kanpur. They are taken and shared by a student, Ashutosh Madhesea, and do not represent the views or opinions of the institute. However, they are a personal and authentic representation of the campus and its beauty.