What the heck is going on in Cambodia?

• News
  • Thread starter Yonoz
  • Start date
In summary: This is what happens when you stay up with a bottle of scotch. :blushing:In summary, an outbreak of "zombism" has been reported in a small town near the border of Laos and Cambodia. Mosquitoes native to that region are believed to be behind the outbreak, with a 100% mortality rate and a short lifespan of 2-3 days. The US Secretary of State, Condoleeza Rice, is opposed to the Cambodian government destroying their biological weapon, citing research being conducted in the country. A United Nations team will be dispatched to confirm the safety of biological research in Cambodia.
Yonoz
Zombies, biological weapons? Sounds like a b-movie script!
http://65.127.124.62/south_asia/4483241.stm.htm"
There has been a small outbreak of “zombism” in a small town near the border of Laos in North-Eastern Cambodia.

The culprit was discovered to be mosquitoes native to that region carrying a new strain of Malaria which thus far has a 100 percent mortality rate and kills victims in fewer than 2 days.

After death, this parasite is able to restart the heart of its victim for up to two hours after the initial demise of the person where the individual behaves in extremely violent ways from what is believed to be a combination of brain damage and a chemical released into blood during “resurrection.”

US Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice opposed the plan saying that the Cambodian government holds a great biological weapon and should destroy it immediately. Cambodian officials have yet to comment.

A United Nations team will be dispatched to Cambodia to confirm the safety of biological research in Cambodia.
WTF?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
1 April, 2005, 17:00 GMT 18:00 UK

boom boom, pull the other one it has bells on it

Look at the url
http://65.127.124.62/south_asia/4483241.stm.htm

Damnit, I wish that this would have gone on longer than it did. I wonder how many people this could have gotten! Oh well

Last edited by a moderator:
Joke's on me then eh? :blushing:
Damn Boing Boing blog. :mad:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I thought you were joking :)

I was taken in for about 2 secs till I saw 1st april 2005

Can't trust anyone these days! :rofl:

This is what happens when you stay up with a bottle of scotch. :blushing:

Good catch Anttech, but it would have been fun. I was also wondering what the heck, but saw your post before I went to the actual article.

Yonoz said:
This is what happens when you stay up with a bottle of scotch. :blushing:
Heh, I would never do that. :redface:

Q: What is the purpose of this experiment?

This experiment aims to test a hypothesis or answer a research question by systematically collecting and analyzing data.

Q: What are the steps of the scientific method?

The scientific method typically involves the following steps: making observations, asking a question, forming a hypothesis, designing and conducting an experiment, analyzing data, and drawing a conclusion.

Q: How do you determine if a study is valid?

A study is considered valid if it is based on reliable and accurate data, uses appropriate research methods, and has been peer-reviewed and replicated by other scientists.

Q: Why is peer review important in science?

Peer review is important because it allows other scientists to evaluate the quality and validity of a study before it is published, ensuring that only high-quality research is shared with the scientific community.

Q: How do you communicate scientific findings to the public?

Scientific findings can be communicated to the public through various methods such as scientific publications, conferences, media outlets, and social media. It is important to present the information in a clear and understandable way to promote public understanding and engagement.

Back