Proving Sin 6x Cos 4x + Cos 4x sin 2x = Cos 2x tan 8x

In summary, the equation being discussed is sin 6x cos 4x + cos 4x sin 2x = cos 2x tan 8x. One user suggests using the identity \sin 6x\cos 4x = \frac{1}{2}(\sin 10x + \sin 2x) and \cos 4x\sin 2x = \frac{1}{2}(\sin 6x - \sin 2x) to simplify the equation. Another user points out that the second expression is incorrect and suggests trying to solve the equation using specific values. The first user mentions discovering a new law related to tangent functions.
texas_kiwi
I am trying to prove this equation:

Sin 6x Cos 4x + Cos 4x sin 2x =
Cos 2x tan 8x
Tan 8x​
does anyone have any idea??

Physics news on Phys.org
[tex] \sin 6x\cos 4x = \frac{1}{2}(\sin 10x + \sin 2x) [/tex]
[tex] \cos 4x\sin 2x = \frac{1}{2}(\sin 6x - \sin 2x) [/tex].

So we get [tex] \frac{1}{2}(\sin 10x + \sin 6x) [/tex]

or [tex] \sin 8x\cos 2x [/tex].

The second expression is not right. Just plug in some values.

Last edited:
yes I will tray to slove it

before some month I one like this and I see new law
tan(a)+tan(b)
tab(a)-tan(b)

I discoverd new law juist in my opinion

1. What is the equation "Proving Sin 6x Cos 4x + Cos 4x sin 2x = Cos 2x tan 8x"?

The equation is a trigonometric identity that states that the sum of the products of sine and cosine of certain angles is equal to the product of cosine and tangent of another angle.

2. How do you prove this equation?

The equation can be proved using various trigonometric identities, such as the double angle formula and the product-to-sum formula.

3. What is the importance of proving this equation?

Proving this equation is important in understanding the relationships between different trigonometric functions and their values at specific angles. It also helps in solving more complex trigonometric equations and problems.

4. Can this equation be used in real-life applications?

Yes, this equation can be used in various fields such as engineering, physics, and astronomy, where trigonometry is used to calculate angles and distances.

5. Are there any tips for solving this equation?

Some tips for solving this equation include familiarizing yourself with trigonometric identities, using substitution and simplification techniques, and checking your work by plugging in values for the variables.