A Tale of Perseverance: Overcoming Challenges in Graduate School

In summary, the conversation discusses the speaker's academic journey in physics, which started off promising but gradually led to burnout and a lack of interest in the subject. The speaker's grades suffered and they eventually withdrew from graduate school. They are now in a difficult financial situation and are unsure if they can return to graduate school in the future. The conversation ends with a plea for advice on how to move forward.
No offense , but i personally find it hilarious how u keep referencing yourself as the 2nd coming of Christ. I did this, and i was top in that, and in the end you got nothing to show for it , So ha! I really don't like people who brag.

Physics news on Phys.org
No offense , but i personally find it hilarious how u keep referencing yourself as the 2nd coming of Christ. I did this, and i was top in that, and in the end you got nothing to show for it , So ha! I really don't like people who brag.

This looks like a "you got what you deserved"-type reply with little advice: about 95% of the responses were very helpful and provided some direction on what career plan to take. Yes--I made a major error in the beginning and am now being given a second chance at the cost of spending 4 + 4 + 4 years in school. I didn't mean to come across as boastful in that original thread. If you thought I did, sorry.