Can an Open Source Java Script Control an Arduino to Track Satellites?

In summary, the speaker is looking for open source java scripts for an arduino controller that can take input for azimuth and elevation and output control for two stepper motors to point an antenna. They also mention their lack of programming skills and suggest checking out Arduino's software interfacing forum.
footballxpaul
Hi I am trying to build a satellite tracker for fun, to get information out of the cube sat projects or any satellite I can track. I was wondering if there was any open source java scripts for an arduino controller that would take and input for azimuth and elevation and output for two stepper motors for the platforms two degree's of motion to point the antenna. Thanks I am terrible at programming!

Computer science news on Phys.org
footballxpaul said:
Hi I am trying to build a satellite tracker for fun, to get information out of the cube sat projects or any satellite I can track. I was wondering if there was any open source java scripts for an arduino controller that would take and input for azimuth and elevation and output for two stepper motors for the platforms two degree's of motion to point the antenna. Thanks I am terrible at programming!

Check out Arduino's software interfacing forum
http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=interfacing

Thanks alot!

What is a satellite tracker antenna?

A satellite tracker antenna is a specialized piece of equipment used to track satellites in Earth's orbit. It is typically mounted on a rotating base and uses radio signals to communicate with satellites and determine their position in the sky.

How does a satellite tracker antenna work?

A satellite tracker antenna works by receiving signals from satellites in space and calculating their position in the sky. It then adjusts its position and orientation to maintain a continuous connection with the satellite as it moves across the sky.

What types of satellites can be tracked with a satellite tracker antenna?

A satellite tracker antenna can track a variety of satellites, including weather satellites, communication satellites, and navigation satellites. It can also track the International Space Station and other human-made objects in space.

What are the benefits of using a satellite tracker antenna?

Using a satellite tracker antenna allows for precise tracking and communication with satellites, which is necessary for various applications such as weather forecasting, telecommunications, and navigation. It also allows for real-time monitoring and data collection from satellites.

Are there any limitations to using a satellite tracker antenna?

There are some limitations to using a satellite tracker antenna, such as the need for a clear line of sight to the satellite and potential interference from other electronic devices. Additionally, the antenna's range may be limited, depending on its size and capabilities.