Who are the expert biologists behind our amazing team?

• Thread starter arildno
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation celebrates the expertise and contributions of the biologists' team, including iansmith, monique, moonbear, DocToxyn, GCT, chem_tr and other students. They are praised for their knowledge, helpfulness, and contribution to the forum. There is also a mention of the team's impact on the forum and gratitude for their assistance with various topics, including French homework. The conversation ends with a group hug and appreciation for the biologists' role in the forum.
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Sensing a slight grumpiness in Monique's tone in a different thread, I think it is time to celebrate the expertise of our biologists' team.

I've learned a lot from iansmith, monique and moonbear, to mention a few.

Keep up the great work!

Physics news on Phys.org
Oh, yess! Thank you very many!

Thanks to Moonbear I now have it confirmed that intercourse is good exercise. :wink:

Last edited:
There's a team I'm more than willing to praise ... great job guys !

lol, thanks Arildno :tongue: and let's not forget DocToxyn in biology or GCT(GeneralChemTutor) and chem_tr in chemistry AND all the others who contribute their time and knowledge :smile:

Monique said:
lol, thanks Arildno :tongue: and let's not forget DocToxyn in biology or GCT(GeneralChemTutor) and chem_tr in chemistry AND all the others who contribute their time and knowledge :smile:

Yes, thanks...I was about to remind about DocToxyn too. DaveC (followed by a bunch of numbers) has also been keeping us on our toes around there.

And the people we really keep forgetting to thank over here are all the students who keep this forum active! Without them and their curiosity, we'd be twiddling our thumbs talking about sweaty mouse feet all day. :biggrin: By the way, those students have really been picking up and doing a stellar job of helping each other lately. :approve:

Yay, biologists! I think biologists are so cool, especially the ones who help me with my French homework. Merci, Ian!:biggrin:

Thanks indeed to the various biologists who have provided intersting discussion and information, and helped with many problems while I've been here (I'm not really here for the physics you know.)

PF is indeed lucky to have such a knowledgeable and helpful group in biology and chemistry! :approve:

Thanks to all of you!

group hug!

1. Who are "Our excellent biologists"?

"Our excellent biologists" refers to a group of highly skilled and knowledgeable scientists who specialize in the study of living organisms and their interactions with their environment.

2. What is the importance of biologists in the scientific community?

Biologists play a crucial role in understanding the complexities of life on earth and developing solutions to environmental, medical, and agricultural issues. They also help to advance scientific knowledge and contribute to the development of new technologies.

3. What are the different fields of biology?

Biology is a vast field that encompasses various sub-disciplines such as genetics, ecology, microbiology, evolutionary biology, and more. Each field focuses on different aspects of living organisms and their interactions.

4. What skills are required to be a successful biologist?

To be a successful biologist, one needs to have a strong foundation in scientific principles and methods, critical thinking skills, attention to detail, and a passion for learning and exploring. Strong communication and analytical skills are also essential for effectively communicating research findings and analyzing complex data.

5. What career opportunities are available for biologists?

Biologists have a wide range of career opportunities, including research, teaching, and working in various industries such as pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, conservation, and agriculture. They can also work in government agencies, non-profit organizations, and consulting firms.