Support US Troops - Send Humanitarian Aid

• News
  • Thread starter Astronuc
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the importance of supporting troops despite disagreeing with war and US foreign policy. They mention the website "anysoldier.com" as a way to send humanitarian aid to soldiers. One person shares their experience of sending aid to a US soldier in Afghanistan, and the other agrees and expresses gratitude for the link. The conversation also acknowledges the young soldiers who are facing difficult situations.
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
2023 Award
As much as I disagree with war and US foreign policy, I still feel the need to support troops.

Anyone interested, see - http://www.anysoldier.com

I have used a similar venue to send humanitarian aid to Afghanistan. I sent it to a US soldier, who then distributed warm clothing, blankets, shoes, and other items through a local mission.

Most of the 'aid' here seems to be care packages to troops.

Physics news on Phys.org
Astronuc said:
As much as I disagree with war and US foreign policy, I still feel the need to support troops.
Anyone interested, see - http://www.anysoldier.com
I have used a similar venue to send humanitarian aid to Afghanistan. I sent it to a US soldier, who then distributed warm clothing, blankets, shoes, and other items through a local mission.
Most of the 'aid' here seems to be care packages to troops.
Agreed, and what a great idea Astronuc! :biggrin:

I agree, I will always support the troops. There are a lot of ordinary young people over there who have been thrust into an extraordinary situation. Thanks for the link astronuc.

1. What is "Support US Troops - Send Humanitarian Aid"?

"Support US Troops - Send Humanitarian Aid" is a campaign that aims to provide assistance and support to the troops of the United States military through sending humanitarian aid.

2. Why is sending humanitarian aid important for supporting US troops?

Sending humanitarian aid is important for supporting US troops because it helps to improve their morale, provide them with necessary supplies and resources, and show them that they are valued and appreciated for their service.

3. How can I send humanitarian aid to support US troops?

There are several ways to send humanitarian aid to support US troops. You can donate to reputable organizations that specialize in sending aid to military personnel, participate in fundraising events, or even send care packages directly to deployed troops.

4. What kind of humanitarian aid is most needed for US troops?

The most needed humanitarian aid for US troops includes basic necessities such as toiletries, non-perishable food items, and clothing. Other items that are greatly appreciated include entertainment items like books, magazines, and games, as well as letters and cards of support.

5. Are there any restrictions or guidelines for sending humanitarian aid to US troops?

Yes, there may be restrictions and guidelines for sending humanitarian aid to US troops depending on the location and specific military unit. It is important to research and follow any guidelines provided by the military or aid organizations to ensure that your donation reaches its intended recipients.