What Careers Combine the Health Field and Engineering Field for High School Seniors?

In summary, combining the health field and the engineering field can lead to careers in health physics and biomedical engineering. When choosing a major, it is common for students to take similar courses in math, physics, and possibly chemistry or biology in their first year or two. This allows for flexibility in deciding on a specific major.
Flavaney1
I am a high school senior and i would like to know what careers combine the health field and the egineering field as well as what majors i should choose in order to get on the right path towards the career.

Physics news on Phys.org
Well the first fields that come to mind are health physics and biomedical engineering.

For most scientific/engineering majors, in the first year or two the student takes math (typically calculus, linear algebra, differential equations), physics, maybe chemistry and/or biology. The good news is, the first year or two of nearly all science/engineering majors are very similar so you don't have to make up your mind right away.

1. What should I consider when choosing a career?

When choosing a career, it's important to consider your interests, skills, values, and goals. You should also research the job market and potential career paths, as well as the education and training required for your desired career.

2. How do I know what career is right for me?

There is no one right answer to this question as everyone's interests and strengths are different. However, some helpful ways to determine the right career for you include taking personality or career assessments, conducting informational interviews, and gaining hands-on experience through internships or job shadowing.

3. Is it okay to change careers?

Yes, it is completely normal and acceptable to change careers at any point in your life. Many people find that their interests and goals change over time, and it's important to pursue a career that aligns with those changes. Just be sure to carefully consider your options and have a plan in place before making a career change.

4. Should I follow my passion or choose a practical career?

This is a personal decision that ultimately depends on your individual circumstances. Some people find fulfillment in pursuing their passions, while others prioritize stability and financial security. It's important to strike a balance between the two and choose a career that brings you both satisfaction and stability.

5. How can I make sure I'm successful in my chosen career?

Success in a career often comes down to hard work, dedication, and continuously learning and improving. It's also important to build a strong network, seek mentorship and guidance, and stay open to new opportunities and challenges. Remember to set goals and create a plan to achieve them, and always stay true to your values and passions.