Someone can help me with Comsol multiphysics?

In summary, the conversation is about someone seeking help with Comsol multiphysics for creating a model of tsunami waves propagation. They are facing an error in evaluating a variable Jacobian when trying to run the model in time dependent case. They are seeking a solution to this problem and are wondering if using the MATLAB optimization toolbar could help.
simone1704
Hello everyone!
I'm a new entry in thi forum and I need some help with Comsol multiphysics.
I'm creating a model of tsunami waves propagation in a defined domain using the PDE interface.
I ve not problems in stationary case, but when I try in time dependent case Comsol give me the error: error in evaluating a variable Jacobian
Someone can tell me how can I resolve this problem?
I would be very grateful!

Thanks to all

Engineering news on Phys.org
simone1704 said:
Hello everyone!
I'm a new entry in thi forum and I need some help with Comsol multiphysics.
I'm creating a model of tsunami waves propagation in a defined domain using the PDE interface.
I ve not problems in stationary case, but when I try in time dependent case Comsol give me the error: error in evaluating a variable Jacobian
Someone can tell me how can I resolve this problem?
I would be very grateful!

Thanks to all

Hi,
I have the same problem with COMSOL V4.0a. I'm wondering if you found any solution for that? Do I suppose to use MATLAB optimization toolbar in this case. If yes do you know any example that can help me to solve my model using optimization toolbar in MATLAB?
I greatly appreciate you help,
Atieh

1. Can Comsol multiphysics be used for any type of simulation?

Yes, Comsol multiphysics is a versatile software that can be used for a wide range of simulations in various fields such as physics, engineering, chemistry, and biology.

2. Is Comsol multiphysics easy to use for beginners?

Comsol multiphysics has a user-friendly interface and offers a variety of tutorials and resources for beginners. With some practice and guidance, it can be easily mastered by users of all levels.

3. Can I import my own material properties and equations into Comsol multiphysics?

Yes, Comsol multiphysics allows users to import custom material properties and equations, giving them more flexibility and control over their simulations.

4. Can I collaborate with others on a project using Comsol multiphysics?

Yes, Comsol multiphysics has a built-in collaboration feature that allows multiple users to work on a project simultaneously, making it easier to share and discuss results.

5. Can Comsol multiphysics handle complex geometries and boundary conditions?

Yes, Comsol multiphysics has advanced meshing capabilities that can handle complex geometries and boundary conditions, making it suitable for a wide range of simulations.