Skyrim Gameplay Videos: Prepare to be Impressed!

• Thread starter Mépris
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Videos
In summary, the conversation revolved around the highly anticipated game Skyrim, with participants sharing their excitement and experiences playing it. Some mentioned their concerns about their laptop's ability to handle the game's graphics while others shared their joy in finally being able to play it. The conversation also veered off into discussing bugs and funny moments in the game, as well as personal experiences and strategies in playing. Despite some technical issues, everyone seemed to agree that Skyrim is an amazing and addictive game.
I may waste my time but certainly not my money. I don't play games in order to pay rents. LOL.

Computer science news on Phys.org
I need 25k to buy a house.

I think I already have about 20k in hard cash, but it is in another city, so I will check tomorrow. Time to bed.

Thats in Solitude.
I just bought that too. The house updates are really expensive too. I spent more than 30k and I am flat broke now (+ still missing some upgrades). I might have to sell my party clothes :/

(borg I was just trying to be funny, I don't think you can trade stuff :) )

xiMy said:
Thats in Solitude.
I just bought that too. The house updates are really expensive too. I spent more than 30k and I am flat broke now (+ still missing some upgrades). I might have to sell my party clothes :/

(borg I was just trying to be funny, I don't think you can trade stuff :) )
Sorry about that. I don't know anything about the game but, I have heard a lot about the online gaming scams. When someone tries to sell me something online, that's my first reaction.

:rofl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x9Qw1KSyIs#!

Physics engine has its quirks.

What is much more irritating is the fact that sometimes some object are not rendered. Say you have several items on the table. You pick first - and all other disappear from the view, but they are still there. You pick the next one - and the remaining ones reappear,

Yesterday I was fighting bandits in the cave and they killed me as they were invisible because of this (or a similar) bug.

Funny thing: we had a party here on Saturday and a colleague of mine saw I am playing Skyrim. Turns out he was involved in making of Polish version and he sent me a glossary English-Polish used for consistent translation of place names, names and objects.

Can't say I was surprised, we were working together as computer game journalists, and we both did work on localization of games in the past. I just didn't know he is still involved.

radou said:
A bit off topic perhaps, but I mush share my joy with you - I manage to run Skyrim on my computer, which is pretty old - it's a 3.0 GHz Prescott CPU with a Radeon HD 4670 graphics card and 2 Gb of RAM. Of course, I play on low settings, but I adore the Elder Scrolls saga, so graphics isn't really an issue. The gameplay is absolutely fantastic. :smile:

Have you tried taking the settings up a notch? I thought I could just play on low but as it turns out, I can play on high (with some stuff on medium) without any significant drops in performance. According to this, you should be able to play on medium/high as well. :)

Borek said:
Physics engine has its quirks.

Indeed. Can't say I've encountered the "object bug" before, though. My main gripe is with mountain climbing. It's weird enough that the character can run up them but then it gets annoying, because at times you can't move through certain parts and you have to move to the side and then forward again. Rinse-repeat till destination is reached.

radou said:
My character's name is "blabla", since I was too excited to think of a decent name when I first played, now I'm level 26 and too lazy to start all over again. :smile:

Press the '~' button, type in 'player.showracemenu'. Save before doing this though, as this will probably have certain implications, some of which you may not be too happy about. (stuff like resetting perks or something of that nature)

---

For those running the game with 2+GB RAM, there is a patch here which might interest you.

If anyone's interested in increasing their archery skill to 50 with relative ease (i.e, without taking cover and shooting giants), there is this dude in Riverwood, who has a crush on some woman. If you hand a the "fake letter" to the girl, he'll become your follower. Now, this guy can teach you archery to level 50. As with all followers, you can change items with them, including money. What you can do is level the skill up, take your money back and repeat till you're level 50.

To increase the smithing skill, which is essential to make some of the high-end armors, making daggers (iron are the most common, no?) is a good way to go.
(found both "tips" on another forum)

My armor skills are quite low. I can't think of any other way to increase it than to let me be hit by some weak enemies...

---

I haven't been playing Skyrim too much this month, as I've been busy with other things, including the new Trine and Fifa! As a sidenote, I've been quite disappointed with Pro Evolution Soccer for the past few years. Fifa 12 is the first football game I'm playing since PES6, which I played regularly for ~5 years or so.

Anyway, my character is a Redguard called Caleb (couldn't think of a cool name; stole this one from a book I liked), is level 18-ish and is a battle mage of sorts. Uses light armor, single-handed weapons and destruction spells. Obviously, I'm still unsure as to what kind of character I want...

Also:
I'm getting a new mouse and controller tomorrow. :D

Speaking of way to easily get some increase in skills - look for Angi's camp SE to Falkreath to get free +6 in archery through the competition with her. I think she has a book that will give you 7th level up when you read it.

Go to the bards academy and talk to the people - you will be asked to bring back two musical instruments. Once you get these instruments back you will be told "I can teach you a few tricks" and you will get several skill increments. In Polish version there is a bug and even after that instruments were still in my inventory - I had to get rid of them using console.

bug is in US version too, still have 10 worthless pounds cause I don't want to search through the list to find their numbers :P

Borek said:
Speaking of way to easily get some increase in skills - look for Angi's camp SE to Falkreath to get free +6 in archery through the competition with her. I think she has a book that will give you 7th level up when you read it.

Go to the bards academy and talk to the people - you will be asked to bring back two musical instruments. Once you get these instruments back you will be told "I can teach you a few tricks" and you will get several skill increments. In Polish version there is a bug and even after that instruments were still in my inventory - I had to get rid of them using console.

I haven't been to Falkreath or the Bard's Academy/College yet but will go there soon enough. Thank you for the tips.

---

Here is a guide to change race/appearance but not stats! I'm not too happy with how my Redguard looks. I might go for a female character this time 'round...

On Fallout New Vegas, I managed to create a character who closely resembled me. Even found my goofy glasses as well! :D

Well, I picked it up two weeks ago right before a two week vacation. I played it non-stop and my wife is ready to kill all of the people who recommended it to me. :tongue: I'll definitely have to ease up on the playing time now that my vacation is over.

I am going for a short vacation in about two weeks from now, and I want to proceed as far as possible before leaving. That can end in divorce as well.

Yesterday I reached level 51. But with 201 hours behind it is getting a little boring, I am already overpowered. I killed a dragon with two arrows. Archery at 100, ebony bow, enchanted items that increase archery (+33%, +40%, +45%, I am just too lazy to prepare a set of three +45%) and a 337 poison damage (not that difficult with alchemy at 100 and another set of enchanted items).

I guess using and additional potion to further increase my archery and additional potion to increase effects of enchanted items even one arrow could be enough for that kill. That was a weak dragon, still - a dragon.

Borek said:
I am going for a short vacation in about two weeks from now, and I want to proceed as far as possible before leaving. That can end in divorce as well.

Yesterday I reached level 51. But with 201 hours behind it is getting a little boring, I am already overpowered. I killed a dragon with two arrows. Archery at 100, ebony bow, enchanted items that increase archery (+33%, +40%, +45%, I am just too lazy to prepare a set of three +45%) and a 337 poison damage (not that difficult with alchemy at 100 and another set of enchanted items).

I guess using and additional potion to further increase my archery and additional potion to increase effects of enchanted items even one arrow could be enough for that kill. That was a weak dragon, still - a dragon.

Interesting. I still have a lot to learn about the game. I didn't realize that you could poison arrows. How do you do that? I wandered over a mountain into the Labyrinthian area yesterday and got destroyed by Frost Trolls. I'm looking for some payback. :biggrin:

EDIT: I found a description for how to poison arrows and other equipment.

I have a similar character (High Elf) that is focused on archery, sneaking and some alchemy. I'm at level 25 but sneak is already almost 90. It's freaked me out the first time that a character couldn't see me standing two feet away. Most characters don't survive the first arrow and skeletons just explode when I hit them. :rofl:

Last edited:
Borek said:

Are you playing on the "master" difficulty setting? I actually haven't played the game very much in the past month or so, and I am still in the twenties. My character is a glass-cannon. I'm quite powerful but can't take very much damage at all.

I was quickly reaching the point where I could round-up 8-10 guards from town and drop all of them with a single Fireball spell. I have also done the same with the Firestorm spell, but I have to use "Become Ethereal" shout so I don't kill myself. :biggrin:

I can't do this on master setting...yet. :devil:

That was on average (whatever it is called in English).

Alduin down definitely.

That is, until Elder Scrolls XII.

The alduin fight wasn't specially difficult, I'm playing on normal difficulty though. I find it interesting that some stupid fights with some wildlife or forsaken appear to be more difficult at times. I'm at level 37 now, and at a point where I feel I'm not too strong - I want weapons with stronger enchantments, but my enchanting skills are low, I'll try to wokr on it. For example, I mostly use a glass blade that does 25 points of fire damage, but I want something more powerful.

I fought Alduin on Expert - and it was relatively easy, as he was busy attacking everyone around, not just me.

I wonder how strong enchantments are possible. My enchantment level is 87, I can enchant a blade to deal 30 points fire damage (after drinking a potion, which gives me around +50% to enchanting). There is a perk +25% for fire enchantments (I don't have it), this will probably yield about 37 fire damage. As I am not at 100, there is still some field for improvement, so perhaps it will get up to 40. Best potion I have at the moment, used to poison the blade, deals 373 damage instantly, plus additional 75/10 sec. Choice is obvious.

The game is very easy for me now that I have Barbas the dog as a companion. Not sure if it's a bug, but he can't die. He's the ultimate tank lol. I'm a mage and I just sit back and nail people with fireballs.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Not sure if it's a bug, but he can't die.

There are two kinds of NPC - essential ones that can't die, and the rest. At least that's how it worked in previous Elder Scrolls games. Sometimes NPCs are immortal till you end the quest for which they are necessary, that was the case with Baurus in Oblivion.

I hate companions, they interfere with my way of playing.

Borek said:
I hate companions, they interfere with my way of playing.
Ditto. I get tired of them running in front of me when I'm trying to hit something.

As a mage a companion is essential. There are some caves where I would have been over run by Bandits or Falmers.

Sigh. After spending two hours trying to solve the Shalidor's Maze I have learned from uesp.net wiki that there is a bug in Polish version that prevent finishing the quest. I have to switch to English version for a moment.

Wow, I wonder how many times he tried before getting it right.

Hahaha, I can only imagine the number is huge.

They released a Mod Tool now that allows you to make your own changes to the game. I'm spending more time modifying the game than actually playing it. My Breezehome is now a lot bigger than it looks from the outside and has more features than it did before. I'm going to put a basement in next. :!)

Borg said:
They released a Mod Tool now that allows you to make your own changes to the game. I'm spending more time modifying the game than actually playing it. My Breezehome is now a lot bigger than it looks from the outside and has more features than it did before. I'm going to put a basement in next. :!)

How easy is it? Lots of programming?

Greg Bernhardt said:
How easy is it? Lots of programming?
It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it. There isn't any real programming involved - it's all graphical. There are good tutorials that Bethesda Game Studios put out to get you started. Once you get the hang of the hot keys and the naming conventions, it's pretty simple to make extensive changes.

It probably gets a little more involved when you create questlines, new characters, etc. I haven't gotten anywhere near that far yet though.

<h2>1. What is Skyrim Gameplay Videos: Prepare to be Impressed!?</h2><p>Skyrim Gameplay Videos: Prepare to be Impressed! is a series of videos showcasing gameplay from the popular video game, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. These videos are created and shared by fans of the game, and often feature impressive and entertaining gameplay moments.</p><h2>2. Where can I find these videos?</h2><p>These videos can be found on various online platforms such as YouTube, Twitch, and gaming forums. They can also be found by searching for "Skyrim Gameplay Videos: Prepare to be Impressed!" or related keywords on search engines.</p><h2>3. Are these videos official or fan-made?</h2><p>These videos are fan-made and are not officially endorsed or created by the game developers. They are created and shared by fans who enjoy playing the game and want to showcase their gameplay experiences.</p><h2>4. What can I expect to see in these videos?</h2><p>In these videos, you can expect to see various gameplay elements such as combat, exploration, character customization, and quests. You may also see mods or player-created content that adds unique features to the game.</p><h2>5. Can I use these videos for my own content?</h2><p>As these videos are created by fans, you should always ask for permission from the creator before using their content. Many creators are happy to share their videos, but it is important to give credit and follow any guidelines set by the creator.</p>

1. What is Skyrim Gameplay Videos: Prepare to be Impressed!?

Skyrim Gameplay Videos: Prepare to be Impressed! is a series of videos showcasing gameplay from the popular video game, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. These videos are created and shared by fans of the game, and often feature impressive and entertaining gameplay moments.

2. Where can I find these videos?

These videos can be found on various online platforms such as YouTube, Twitch, and gaming forums. They can also be found by searching for "Skyrim Gameplay Videos: Prepare to be Impressed!" or related keywords on search engines.

3. Are these videos official or fan-made?

These videos are fan-made and are not officially endorsed or created by the game developers. They are created and shared by fans who enjoy playing the game and want to showcase their gameplay experiences.

4. What can I expect to see in these videos?

In these videos, you can expect to see various gameplay elements such as combat, exploration, character customization, and quests. You may also see mods or player-created content that adds unique features to the game.

5. Can I use these videos for my own content?

As these videos are created by fans, you should always ask for permission from the creator before using their content. Many creators are happy to share their videos, but it is important to give credit and follow any guidelines set by the creator.