How do I assign Greek indices in Jaxo Draw for scientific diagrams?

• Thread starter Neitrino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Diagrams
In summary, the conversation discusses how to assign Greek indices in Jaxo Draw. The suggested method is to use TeX boxes and type the desired indices using LaTeX formatting. It is also recommended to use the LaTex-> EPS export option for a cleaner display in papers. A viewer for viewing the exported EPS file can be obtained from a specific website.
Neitrino
Dear PF,
I am trying to draw some diagrams in jaxo draw, but I don't know how to assign Greek index whenever necessary, can you please advise me step by step... as i understand it is related to some "postscript" issues that i don't know how to set up ... would you be so kind and drop me a couple of lines...

thank you...

Physics news on Phys.org
I use Jaxo occasionally. For greek indices you need to use the TeX boxes. ("Draw a LaTeX text").

Then you place it (Youll probably have to rearrange it as it draws the text off a little).

Then in the box you type what you want, greek indices are done as in LaTeX such as:

- i e Q_{\ell} \gamma^{\mu}

for [itex]
- i e Q \gamma^{\mu} [/itex]

Now that we have that you have to decide how you want it to display. For papers, I tried to do it as a (Export) LaTex-> EPS . This draws the tex into the eps rather than a separate LaTeX file.

One you have the .eps you can put it in your paper/etc.

If you need a viewer/etc get one here http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/index.htm

Or is your problem more complicated?

What is Jaxo Draw?

Jaxo Draw is a software tool designed for creating technical diagrams and illustrations. It is commonly used by scientists, engineers, and other professionals to visualize complex concepts and processes.

How do I draw diagrams in Jaxo Draw?

To draw diagrams in Jaxo Draw, simply open the software and choose the appropriate tools from the toolbar. You can then use your mouse or keyboard to create shapes, lines, and text boxes to build your diagram.

What types of diagrams can I create in Jaxo Draw?

Jaxo Draw offers a wide range of diagram types, including flowcharts, network diagrams, Venn diagrams, concept maps, and more. It also offers various customization options to suit your specific needs.

Is Jaxo Draw user-friendly?

Yes, Jaxo Draw is designed to be user-friendly and intuitive. It has a user-friendly interface and offers helpful features such as drag-and-drop functionality, customizable templates, and an extensive library of shapes and symbols.

Can I export my diagrams from Jaxo Draw?

Yes, Jaxo Draw allows you to export your diagrams in various formats, including PDF, PNG, JPEG, and SVG. This makes it easy to share your diagrams with others or incorporate them into presentations, reports, and publications.