Suggestions on research paper on artificial satellites

In summary: The paper should be around 35 pages or so. But the think is that I can't understand most of the information i look for because I've never studied it and it's far beyond my knowledge. I think I'll need help with that.All help is really appreciated.
Crutchlow13
Hi PF community! I'm currently doing a research paper on artificial satellites, and I've made a list of things that I'm going to explain in it, but I'm worried that it won't be enough. So, I was wondering if you guys could help me to add more topics to my list and how to approach more widely to the ones I've already listed.

List here:

Code:
WRITTEN PART OF RESEARCH WORK 

-A bit of history 
-Theory about satellites 
• Kepler's laws applied to satellites 
• Orbital speed. 
• Orbital period
• Types of orbits 
• Types of satellites 
-Effects of temperature on the satellite 
-Effects of spatial emptiness 
-Effects of Meteorites 
-Satellite lifetime
-Solar interferences.
-Different Satellite Subsystems 
-Features and effects of the propagation medium
-Space junk
-Nano Satellites (in-depth research interviews)

or here:http://i.imgur.com/bN8AwEi.png

Thanks!
Pol.

Physics news on Phys.org
How long does your research paper have to be and how deeply will you go into each topic? You have enough there to produce a multi-volume magnum opus if you want... I wouldn't be looking for any more topics unless your professor has made it very clear that he values quantity over quality.

Nugatory said:
How long does your research paper have to be and how deeply will you go into each topic? You have enough there to produce a multi-volume magnum opus if you want... I wouldn't be looking for any more topics unless your professor has made it very clear that he values quantity over quality.

The paper should be around 35 pages or so. But the think is that I can't understand most of the information i look for because I've never studied it and it's far beyond my knowledge.

I'd like to go very deep into nanosatellites (ways to build one, projects in progress, steps to get one into space) because I have to to an oral speech about the research and I think this could be a great way to avoid just reading the paper (I think i will struggle too because it has to be 20 min long)

All help is really appreciated.
Thanks.

jedishrfu said:
Time related issues:
- synchronization methods
- time dilation error
- gps

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Error_analysis_for_the_Global_Positioning_System

Battery issues:
- rechargeable capability

Radiation issues:
- solar flares
- temperature
- magnetic field

Using a cell phone as a communications device for the satellite

What do you mean by battery issues? Thanks.

What type batteries should be used?

How will they get recharged?

Or are you using solar cells? How do you keep them pointing at the sun?

Will the satellite work in the Earth's shadow when the Earth blocks the sun?

jedishrfu said:
What type batteries should be used?

How will they get recharged?

Or are you using solar cells? How do you keep them pointing at the sun?

Will the satellite work in the Earth's shadow when the Earth blocks the sun?

Yeah I'll add that thanks!

What are artificial satellites and how do they work?

Artificial satellites are man-made objects that orbit around Earth or other celestial bodies. They are launched into space using rockets and are powered by solar energy. They work by constantly falling towards Earth while also moving sideways at a high enough speed to maintain their orbit.

What is the purpose of artificial satellites?

Artificial satellites have a variety of purposes, including communication, navigation, weather forecasting, remote sensing, and scientific research. They help us gather information about Earth and other planets, and also aid in improving our daily lives through technologies such as GPS and satellite TV.

How are artificial satellites built and launched?

Artificial satellites are built by teams of engineers and scientists who design and assemble the necessary components. These components include a power source, communication equipment, sensors, and a propulsion system. Once built, satellites are launched into orbit using large rockets, such as the SpaceX Falcon 9 or the United Launch Alliance Atlas V.

What challenges do scientists face when researching artificial satellites?

One of the main challenges in researching artificial satellites is ensuring their accuracy and reliability. Scientists must also consider the potential impact on the environment and other space objects when launching new satellites. Additionally, maintaining and repairing satellites in orbit can be difficult and costly.

What advancements are being made in the field of artificial satellites?

Advancements in technology have led to the development of smaller, more efficient satellites, such as CubeSats and SmallSats. These satellites are cheaper to build and launch, making space exploration more accessible. There are also ongoing efforts to improve satellite communication and navigation systems, as well as develop new ways to gather data from space through techniques like remote sensing.