Strong or Weak?

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Weak
In summary, my strongest substances are my Xacto knife, my cat, and my computer mouse. My weakest substances are my dog, my tooth, and my socks.
JamesU
Gold Member
Strongest substances in my house

1) Xacto knife-I fell back in my chair. before I fell all the way, I wedged the Xacto knife in my hand under the desk. It bent, but pulled me back up. :biggrin:

2) The Jelly jar lid- Can't Get It open! :mad:

3)My cat- after multiple times of throwing her, she is still walking :eek:

4)My computer mouse-has survived multiple step-ons and falling on the floor :uhh:

5)My stupid padlock-I'm trying to brak it open, no success :grumpy:

Weakest substances in my house

1) my dog-whines constantly :mad:

2)My tooth- broken 2 times :uhh:

3)My socks-Have more holes than swiss cheese :blushing:

4)My desk-Has multiple scratches and no longer has a keyboard holder :redface:

5)All my CD's and CD roms-self explanitory :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
My 3 strongest:

- Sony Ericsson K700i mobile phone. This beast has been thrown across a room only to land on a hard ceramic floor, without a scratch.

- Marshall MG80 guitar amp. Dropped off a stage. It made a bit of a rattling noise (spring reverb) for a few seconds, and then just carried on.

- Merrell Sport Sandals! 6 summers of sandy, salty sweaty abuse, and even the velcro is still sticky.

My 3 weakest:

- Homebase drill bits. Unless you only like drilling balsawood, don't even bother.

- Anchor Spreadable butter tub. I swear the fat dissolves the plastic, the lid always cracks a week after opening.

- My entire car. Citroen. Need I say more?

Trusty Xact-o knife

Strongest:
=================
- My daughters head. She's... well... crazy really (as a 17 month old normally is), and falls off all the things she climbs (ladders, chairs, counter... etc...)

Weakest:
=================
- Our bowls. I set one down and it broke on the counter (I had icecream in it). I got most of the icecream out and put it into another bowl and dug in with my spoon... and the second bowl broke.

Your bowls suck. Get new ones

1. What is the difference between a strong and weak scientific theory?

A strong scientific theory is one that has been extensively tested and supported by a large body of evidence, while a weak scientific theory is one that has not been as thoroughly tested or lacks sufficient evidence to support it.

2. How do scientists determine the strength of a theory?

Scientists determine the strength of a theory by conducting experiments, making observations, and gathering evidence that either supports or refutes the theory. The more evidence that supports a theory, the stronger it is considered to be.

3. Can a weak theory become a strong theory?

Yes, a weak theory can become a strong theory if it is extensively tested and supported by a large body of evidence over time. As new evidence is gathered, a weak theory may be revised and strengthened.

4. Are all strong theories considered to be true?

No, a strong theory is not necessarily considered to be true. Scientific theories are always subject to change and revision as new evidence is discovered. A strong theory is simply one that has the most evidence supporting it at a given time.

5. What are some examples of strong and weak theories?

Examples of strong theories include the theory of evolution, the theory of gravity, and the germ theory of disease. Examples of weak theories include the theory of spontaneous generation and the phlogiston theory of combustion.

Back